Solar Cell, Solar Module & Solar Array Test
The goal of achieving ever increasing solar cell efficiency and reduced cost demands accurate, repeatable, fast, and reliable test results. The research, design, and development work necessary to achieving superior performing, highly manufacturable solar cells, modules and arrays requires high performance test equipment. Agilent Power Supplies, Switch/Measurement units, Electronic Loads, and DMMs provide superior capability for measuring the I-V curve performance of cells, modules, and arrays in both forward and reverse polarities, in full radiation, and in shadow (darkness). Agilent´s products are well suited for making on the bench and rapid production line solar device measurements.
Producing quality solar modules and arrays in a production environment requires the characterization and sorting of solar cells. Matching the I-V performance of solar cells destined for installation in a common module or array is necessary for achieving optimum output power capability. Maximizing productivity and module or array performance means making fast, accurate and reliable measurements.
Measuring the forward I-V performance of a solar cell, module, or array involves loading the device with a constant voltage, varying the voltage in increments from zero to the device open circuit voltage (Voc), and measuring the output current. Zero volts corresponds to the maximum available short circuit current (Isc). At Voc, the measured output current of the device is zero. Measuring the reverse I-V performance of a shadowed (dark) solar device requires the application, in increments, of a reverse polarity voltage.
For more information: Solar Cell and Module Testing Application Note
Refine the List
By Type of Content
By Product Category
All Product Categories
Oscilloscopes, Analyzers, Meters
Digital Multimeters (DMM)
- 34405A Digital Multimeter, 5½ Digit (2)
- Digital Multimeter (DMM), 5 1/2 and 6 1/2 digit (3)
- 34401A Digital Multimeter, 6½ Digit (3)
- 34410A Digital Multimeter, 6½ Digit High Performance (2)
- 34411A Digital Multimeter, 6½ Digit Enhanced Performance (2)
- 34420A Micro-Ohm Meter (2)
- Specialty Digital Multimeters (2)
- 3458A Digital Multimeter, 8½ Digit (2)
- L4411A System Digital Multimeter, 6½ Digit High Performance (2)
- Handheld Digital Multimeter, Clamp and Calibrator Meters (2)
- M9181A PXI Digital Multimeter, 6½ digit, Basic Features (3)
- M9182A PXI Digital Multimeter, 6½ digit, High Performance (2)
- M9183A PXI Digital Multimeter, 6½ digit, Enhanced Performance (2)
- U2741A USB Modular Digital Multimeter, 5½ digit (2)
- U3400 Series Digital Multimeters (2)
- U3606A Multimeter│DC Power Supply (2)
- Digital Multimeters (DMM)
- Oscilloscopes, Analyzers, Meters
1-4 of 4
Eventi di Agilent Italia
Benvenuti nella pagina degli eventi di Agilent Italia
PXI, AXIe, DAQ and Modular Solutions Webcast Series
Live and on-demand webcasts, various dates in 2012
Solar Energy – Distributed MPPT – Technology trends and testing methods - Web Seminar Recording
In this seminar we consider the challenges that people working on micronverters and DC power optimizers are facing. After a quick overview of characteristics of solar cells and modules, we explain how to Generate I-V curves...
Webcast - recorded
Test & Measurement events in Europe, Middle East & Africa
Test & Measurement events in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa - seminars, trade shows, user group meetings, webcasts, tutorials and conferences.