LVDS Conformance Test Application
Agilent Technologies’ Low-Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS) user defined application (UDA) test software for Infiniium Series oscilloscopes will provide you with a preliminary fast and easy way to validate and debug your LVDS designs. The test application allows you to automatically execute common and generic test requirements and the results are then displayed in a flexible report format. In addition, the report provides a margin analysis that shows how closely your design passed or failed each test.
LVDS is an electrical digital signaling system that can run at very high speeds over inexpensive twisted-pair copper cables and transmits information as the difference between voltages on a pair of wires. The small amplitude of the signal and the tight electrical and magnetic field coupling between the two wires reduces the amount of radiated electromagnetic noise. The low common-mode voltage (the average of the voltages on the two wires) of about 1.25 V allows LVDS to be used with a wide range of integrated circuits with power supply voltages down to 2.5 V or lower.
- Test setup wizard guides you through test selection, configuration, connection, execution, and results reporting
- Measurement connection setups are displayed
- Oscilloscope setup is automatically configured for each test
- Test results report documents test configuration, measurements made, pass/fail status, margin analysis, and waveforms
- Infiniium 3.00 or higher software revision for Infiniium Series oscilloscopes
- N5467A User Defined Application (Option 040 on new 90000 Series oscilloscope)
- E2688A High-Speed SDA Software (Option 003 on new Infiniium Series oscilloscope or Option N5435A-003 for application server license)
- N5400A EZJIT Plus Jitter Analysis Software (Option 004 on new Infiniium Series oscilloscope or Option N5435A-001 for application server license)