Serial Attached SCSI (SAS & SAS 2) Information Resource Center
Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) is a data-transfer technology for moving data to and from storage devices. SAS depends on a point-to-point serial protocol that replaces parallel SCSI bus technology that is commonly used in data centers, workstations and servers. The technology is based on a serial transmission scheme and uses an embedded clock with the 8b/10b data encoding scheme.
The SAS technology is currently at its second generation. It is referred to as SAS-2 and covers speeds of up to 6Gb/s, allowing for faster data transfer than the previous generation. Its predecessor, SAS-1 only covers speeds of up to 3Gb/s. One of the uniqueness of SAS is it offers backwards-compatibility with Serial ATA (SATA) storage devices. SATA devices may be connected to SAS backplanes, but SAS drives may not be connected to SATA backplanes.
The T10 technical committee of the International Committee for Information Technology Standards (INCITS) develops and maintains the SAS protocol and physical layers, while the SCSI Trade Association (SCSITA) promotes the technology. Agilent is an active member and contributor of the T10 and SCSITA, with consistent participation in workshops and specifications development. These resources you find here will provide you with an overview of SAS design, understand the latest measurement techniques, and illustrate design and debug approaches. Agilent - achieve your best design.
Refine the List
- SAS12G UDA
By Type of Content
- Seminar (1)
By Product Category
All Product Categories
Oscilloscopes, Analyzers, Meters
DC Power Analyzers
- N6705B DC Power Analyzer, Modular, 600 W, 4 Slots (1)
- N6715B Base Model Custom-Configured DC Power Analyzer, 600 W, Modular, 4 Slots (1)
- N6731B DC Power Module 0-5V, 0-10A, 50W (1)
- N6732B DC Power Module, 8V, 6.25A, 50W (1)
- N6733B DC Power Module, 20V, 2.5A, 50W (1)
- N6734B DC Power Module, 35V, 1.5A, 50W (1)
- N6735B DC Power Module, 60V, 0.8A, 50W (1)
- N6736B DC Power Module, 100V, 0.5A, 50W (1)
- N6741B DC Power Module, 5V, 20A, 100W (1)
- N6742B DC Power Module, 8V, 12.5A, 100W (1)
- N6743B DC Power Module, 20V, 5A, 100W (1)
- N6744B DC Power Module, 35V, 3A, 100W (1)
- N6745B DC Power Module, 60V, 1.6A, 100W (1)
- N6746B DC Power Module, 100V, 1A, 100W (1)
- N6773A DC Power Module, 20V, 15A, 300W (1)
- N6774A DC Power Module, 35V, 8.5A, 300W (1)
- N6775A DC Power Module, 60V, 5A, 300W (1)
- N6776A Power Module, 100V, 3A, 300W (1)
- N6751A High Performance Autoranging DC Power Module, 50V, 5A, 50W (1)
- N6752A High-Performance Autoranging DC Power Module, 50V, 10A, 100W (1)
- DC Power Analyzers
- Oscilloscopes, Analyzers, Meters
1 of 1
Test & Measurement events in Europe, Middle East & Africa
Test & Measurement events in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa - seminars, trade shows, user group meetings, webcasts, tutorials and conferences.
Enroll in myAgilent
A personalized view into the information most relevant to you.
Register Your Product
Register your products for service notifications, firmware update alerts, application notes and more…
Why Buy Agilent
See how the Agilent Advantage adds value to your purchase.
Learn about Keysight
Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group is becoming Keysight Technologies.