Agilent’s X-parameters* functionality represents a new category of nonlinear network parameters for high-frequency design. X-parameters:
- Are applicable to both large-signal and small-signal conditions, and for linear and nonlinear components.
- Characterize the amplitudes and relative phase of harmonics generated by components under large input power levels at all ports.
- Correctly characterize impedance mismatches and frequency mixing behavior to allow accurate simulation of cascaded nonlinear X-parameter blocks, such as amplifiers and mixers in wireless design.
- Functionality was included in the Nonlinear Vector Network Analyzer (NVNA), and the Advanced Design System in 2008.
- X-parameter model support was added to the SystemVue environment in 2010. SystemVue connects X-parameter models into RF system-level analysis, as well as full physical layer baseband/DSP simulations
- X-parameter model support was added to the Genesys RF and Microwave simulation environment for circuit and system design in 2010.
Agilent's X-parameters functionality can help you overcome a key challenge in RF engineering, namely that of nonlinear impedance differences, harmonic mixing, and nonlinear reflection effects that occur when components are cascaded under large signal operating conditions. X-parameters help solve this complex cascading problem: if you measure the X-parameters of a set of components individually, you can calculate the X-parameters and hence the nonlinear transfer function of any cascade made from them. Calculations based on X-parameters are usually performed within a harmonic balance simulator environment.
See Measurement Solution Example: X-Parameter Measurements
* "X-parameters" is a trademark of Agilent Technologies, Inc. The X-parameters format and underlying equations are open and documented. For more information, refer to X-parameters Open Documentation, Trademark Usage & Partnerships.
Refine the List
By Type of Content
By Product Category
Oscilloscopes, Analyzers, Meters (14)
- Oscilloscopes (2)
- Spectrum Analyzers (Signal Analyzers) (2)
- Network Analyzers (11)
- Handheld Oscilloscopes, Analyzers, Meters (1)
- Logic Analyzers (1)
- Protocol Analyzers and Exercisers (1)
- EMI/EMC, Phase Noise, Physical Layer Test Systems (1)
- Bit Error Ratio Test (BERT) Solutions (1)
- Digital Multimeters (DMM) (1)
- Power Meters & Power Sensors (1)
- Frequency Counter Products (1)
- Noise Figure Analyzers & Noise Sources (3)
- LCR Meters & Impedance Measurement Products (2)
- Digitizers (1)
- DC Power Analyzers (1)
- Dynamic Signal Analyzers, Materials Measurement (1)
- Parameter & Device Analyzers, Curve Tracer (1)
- Generators, Sources, Supplies (2)
- Agilent EEsof EDA Software (24)
- Application Software for Instruments (1)
- Instrument Control Software (1)
- 89600 VSA Software (1)
- Agilent VEE (1)
- Power Analysis Manager Software (1)
- Interactive Functional Test (IFT) Software (1)
- Wireless Test Managers (1)
- Parametric Measurement Manager Pro Software (1)
- EasyEXPERT software and Desktop EasyEXPERT software (1)
- Calibration & Adjustment Software (1)
- Agilent License Manager (1)
- PXI, AXIe, DAQ & Modular Solutions (2)
Additional Test & Measurement Products (8)
- Wireless Device Test Sets & Wireless Solutions (1)
- In-circuit Test Systems - 3070 ICT (1)
- Application-Specific Test Systems & Components (1)
- Parametric Test Systems (1)
- Photonic Test & Measurement Products (2)
- Atomic Force Microscopes, FE-SEM, Nanoindenters, UTM (1)
- Laser Interferometers & Calibration Systems (1)
- Monolithic Laser Combiners & Precision Optics (1)
- Millimeter-Wave & Microwave Devices (1)
- GPIB, USB, Accessories, Racks (7)
- Premium Used Equipment (1)
- Services (1)