WiMAX™ Implementation of MIMO
Mobile WiMAX™ is based on the IEEE 802.16e standard but is evolving in waves as it overcomes market limitations. Wave 2 products include MIMO (Multiple Input, Multiple Output) techniques. The techniques used with the smart antenna technology of MIMO makes it possible to put more data into a wireless connection and extend the range. It is expected that Mobile WiMAX with MIMO will be able to carry approximately 4x more traffic than today’s 3G networks. In this case, wireless video becomes more realistic. The unique aspect of the MIMO implementation is the use of OFDMA. In OFDMA user data bursts overlap in time. This maximizes data flow in a complex environment.
|Figure 1. OFDMA burst structure.|
At any one point in time, there is data from multiple bursts available on different subchannels, as shown on the Y axis of Figure 1. These subchannels are logical arrangements of subcarriers, not physical arrangements of subcarriers. Therefore, adjacent subcarriers may actually belong to different subchannel groupings and be different modulation formats. While each data burst may only use one modulation format, adjacent subcarriers may have different modulation formats. And because each burst is unique, the pilot locations will be at many different subcarrier locations. The end result is a complexity not found in OFDM.
The complexity drives more sophisticated testing. Agilent is on the forefront of this testing. Greater insight. Greater confidence. Accelerate next-generation wireless.
Sources: Agilent Webinars, Wikipedia, wi-fiplanet.com
Refine the List
By Type of Content
- Seminar (2)
By Product Category
All Product Categories
Oscilloscopes, Analyzers, Meters
DC Power Analyzers
- N6705B DC Power Analyzer, Modular, 600 W, 4 Slots (2)
- N6715B Base Model Custom-Configured DC Power Analyzer, 600 W, Modular, 4 Slots (2)
- N6731B DC Power Module 0-5V, 0-10A, 50W (2)
- N6732B DC Power Module, 8V, 6.25A, 50W (2)
- N6733B DC Power Module, 20V, 2.5A, 50W (2)
- N6734B DC Power Module, 35V, 1.5A, 50W (2)
- N6735B DC Power Module, 60V, 0.8A, 50W (2)
- N6736B DC Power Module, 100V, 0.5A, 50W (2)
- N6741B DC Power Module, 5V, 20A, 100W (2)
- N6742B DC Power Module, 8V, 12.5A, 100W (2)
- N6743B DC Power Module, 20V, 5A, 100W (2)
- N6744B DC Power Module, 35V, 3A, 100W (2)
- N6745B DC Power Module, 60V, 1.6A, 100W (2)
- N6746B DC Power Module, 100V, 1A, 100W (2)
- N6773A DC Power Module, 20V, 15A, 300W (2)
- N6774A DC Power Module, 35V, 8.5A, 300W (2)
- N6775A DC Power Module, 60V, 5A, 300W (2)
- N6776A Power Module, 100V, 3A, 300W (2)
- N6751A High Performance Autoranging DC Power Module, 50V, 5A, 50W (2)
- N6752A High-Performance Autoranging DC Power Module, 50V, 10A, 100W (2)
- DC Power Analyzers
- Oscilloscopes, Analyzers, Meters
1-2 of 2
Agilent eventos en España
Bienvenido a la página de eventos organizados por Agilent en España.
Test & Measurement events in Europe, Middle East & Africa
Test & Measurement events in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa - seminars, trade shows, user group meetings, webcasts, tutorials and conferences.