GSM, GPRS, EGPRS & EDGE/Evo
GSM is a vast, rapidly expanding and successful technology. The initial data limitations were superseded by the release of GPRS in 2000. This packet-switched functionality allows mobile handset users to use the internet. GSM was the first digital cellular system. EGPRS,EDGE, and EDGE/Evo, collectively referred to as 2.5G wireless technologies provide upgrade paths for 2G (2nd generation) wireless technologies to achieve higher data rates. EDGE/Evo is the latest extension to the GSM mobile telephony standard. With a software upgrade and a new device for the user, data rates can be boosted to speeds approaching 1 Mbps. These technologies have been deployed around the world.
Although the technology is mature the demand for commercial products is still high. Thus developers, verification engineers and manufacturing managers for GSM, GPRS, EGPRS and EDGE cellular systems must deliver quality, cost effective products to the market quickly. As a world leader in test and measurement solutions, Agilent Technologies offers an extensive set of modeling, development and test tools that help ensure the quality of systems and components. Greater insight. Greater confidence. Accelerate next-generation wireless.
Refine the List
By Type of Content
By Product Category
All Product Categories
Additional Test & Measurement Products
Wireless Device Test Sets & Wireless Solutions
Wireless Test Set Software
- X-Series Measurement Applications for EXT (2)
- 8960 Test and Lab Applications (3)
- Waveform License 5 and 50-pack for EXT (2)
- Wireless Test Managers (3)
- E6965A Location Server Emulator for SUPL A-GPS Device Testing (2)
- E6966A IMS-SIP Network Emulator Software (2)
- Interactive Functional Test (IFT) Softwares (2)
- N4017A Bluetooth® Graphical Measurement Application (2)
- N7300 Series Chipset Software (2)
- U9066A Sequence Studio for EXT (2)
- Wireless Test Set Software
- Wireless Device Test Sets & Wireless Solutions
- Additional Test & Measurement Products
1-3 of 3
Agilent's Events for United Kingdom and Ireland
Welcome to Agilent's Upcoming Events Page for United Kingdom and Ireland
GSM: Mobile Station Measurements for Engineers Using the Agilent 8960
This 2-day course will teach engineers about the GSM cellular system, including the basic GSM technology and ETSI standards.
Test & Measurement events in Europe, Middle East & Africa
Test & Measurement events in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa - seminars, trade shows, user group meetings, webcasts, tutorials and conferences.