How Can I Verify That My Emulation Probe is Working Properly?
The basic functionality of the emulation probe can be verified by running a test called pv.
PV, which stands for performance verification, will run a suite of tests that will verify that the emulation probe is functioning correctly.
Instructions for running PV through the built-in terminal interface
- End any Run Control sessions.
- Disconnect the 50-pin cable from the emulation probe, and plug the self test board, part number E3496-66502, into the emulation probe.
- Telnet to the IP address of the emulation probe.
- From the prompt, type pv n, where n is an integer number that represents the number of iterations to be performed.
- If everything passes, you may wish to plug the self test board into the cable, which is connected to the emulation probe. This will rule out problems with the cabling.
NOTE: This can also be performed through an RS-232 connection to the emulation probe. It this case a terminal emulator is necessary to interface to the probe.
NOTE: This document does not apply to traditional emulators.
Enroll in myAgilent
A personalized view into the information most relevant to you.
Register Your Product
Register your products for service notifications, firmware update alerts, application notes and more…
Why Buy Agilent
See how the Agilent Advantage adds value to your purchase.
Learn about Keysight
Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group is becoming Keysight Technologies.