Instructions for Using One Confirmation and Adjustment Panel with Multiple Systems
It has been found that customers who have multiple Agilent 5DXs that using one Confirmation and Adjustment Panel (C&A) for both machines improves the portability of applications between the two machines. Fewer, if any, threshold changes will be necessary to use the same program on both systems. This procedure is not valid for systems older than Series 3 systems - specifically Series 2L.
The following assumes that confirmation and adjustment is being done using the HP5DX_1024 and HP5DX_512 Confirmation and Adjustment Panel. Suppose you have 2 systems, System 756 and System 850, and you wish to use the Confirmation and Adjustment Panel from System 756.
1. Copy %relroot%\calib\6337_Cu.dat from System 756 to System 850.
2. Make sure that solder thicknesses listed in this file match the thicknesses listed on the back of the Confirmation and Adjustment Panel.
3. Verify that correct delta-Z's are set for each panel:
- Load board 4 (FOV400).
- In View Verifier (or CheckCAD read-only for releases prior to 8.x), go to component COPPER00, pin 5.
- If the vertical solder strip is reasonably sharp, then no delta-Z adjustment is needed. If it is out of focus by more than 10 mils, decide on the delta-Z change required by manually focusing on this strip, then use Surface Map Setup to set the delta-Zs for the 3 surface map points on each board. Note that if delta-Zs are modified, they should be set for all 6 boards in both the HP5DX_512 and HP5DX_1024 panel programs. The same delta-Z value should be used for all panel/board combinations.
4. Re-run Confirmation and Adjustment for system 850.