Can I program a waveform captured by my oscilloscope into an Agilent arbitrary waveform generator?
Yes. The free IntuiLink Waveform Editor software will download waveform data from Agilent Infiniium, 6000 series, and 54600 series oscilloscopes and send the data to the an Agilent 33120A, 33210A, 33220A, or 33250A generator.
The IntuiLink Waveform Editor software is available for download at: http://agilent.com/find/intuilink
If you have a 6000-series scope, you will also need the 6000 Series Oscilloscope Add-in package, available at the IntuiLink Waveform Editor download page.
IntuiLink Waveform Editor requires the Agilent IO Libraries, available at: http://agilent.com/find/iolib
Once you have installed the IO Libraries and IntuiLink, run Agilent Connection Expert (Start | All Programs | Agilent IO Libraries Suite | Agilent Connection Expert) and add both the oscilloscope and the generator to the appropriate interface(s).
To capture a waveform and send it to the generator in IntuiLink Waveform Editor:
- Under the Tools menu, click the appropriate Import Waveform entry for your particular scope model.
- Under the Waveform tab, select the channel number and the number of points.
- Under the Connect to Oscilloscope tab, press Connect to Oscilloscope.
- The address of the scope you added in Connection Expert should appear in the Connect to Oscilloscope dialog. Select it and click Identify Instrument(s). IntuiLink should identify the instrument as an Oscilloscope.
- Click Connect, then Close, then OK. The scope waveform will now appear on your screen.
- Connect to your function generator: Click Communications | Connection. The address of the generator you added in Connection Expert should appear in the Connection dialog. Select it and click Identify Instrument(s). IntuiLink should identify the instrument as an Arb.
- Click Connect and then Close.
- Send the waveform to the generator: Click Communications | Send Waveform. Choose any options such as frequency, amplitude, or nonvolatile memory name. Then click Send | OK | Close. The generator will now be outputting the waveform.
- To import another scope waveform, simply click Tools | Import Waveform | OK.
- To send another waveform to the generator, simply repeat step 8.