How do I declassify or sanitize my 54800-series Infiniium oscilloscope?
Some test equipment users have a need to "declassify" or "sanitize" their instruments for security purposes. This involves following a procedure that clears all user data from the instrument’s memory. The result is a sanitized instrument that can be removed from a secure area without any chance of classified data being recovered from it.
Follow the procedure below to ensure that your oscilloscope no longer contains any user configurations or data.
This procedure applies to all of the following oscilloscope models:
54810A, 54815A, 54825A, 54835A, 54845A, 54846A, 54845B, 54846B, 54830B, 54830D, 54831B, 54831D, 54832B, 54832D, 54833A, 54833D, 54853A, 54854A, 54855A
1. Power the scope off and then back on. This clears all of the volatile RAM memory.
2. Press the Default Setup key and wait for the default setup to be loaded. Then press the Default Setup key a second time. This process ensures that a generic setup is stored in battery-backed nonvolatile RAM and on the hard disk drive.
3. Remove the hard disk drive. For step-by-step instructions, refer to the Service Guide for your particular Infiniium model:
- Infiniium 54845B/46B Oscilloscopes User's Quick Start Guide
- 54830/31/32x-Series Oscilloscopes Service Guide
- 54853A, 54854A, and 54855A Infiniium Oscilloscopes Service Guide
The hard drive may contain user configurations and data. You will need to store the drive in a secure area, destroy the drive, or use third-party disk sanitation software to remove all data from the drive. Agilent does not recommend nor guarantee the effectiveness of any such software.
4. If there is a disk in the floppy drive or CD-RW drive, remove it. Place the disk in a secure area or destroy it.
5. If desired, replace the hard drive. The most recent hard drive part numbers are listed below. For parts pricing and availability, please call 877-447-7278 or visit http://www.parts.agilent.com
54810A, 54815A, 54820A, 54825A, 54845A, or 54846A with rear panel label VIN number 025 or lower (including no VIN number label): 54810-68726 (Windows and scope software is preinstalled)
54810A, 54815A, 54820A, 54825A, 54835A, 54845A, or 54846A with rear panel label VIN number 030 or higher: 54810-83522 (Windows and scope software is preinstalled)
54845B or 54846B: 54810-83528 (Windows and scope software is preinstalled)
54830B, 54830D, 54831B, 54831D, 54832B, 54832D, 54833A, or 54833D with Windows 98: 0950-4702 (Blank drive; requires Win98 recovery CD from http://agilent.com/find/infiniium_software.)
54830B, 54830D, 54831B, 54831D, 54832B, 54832D, 54833A, 54833D, 54853A, 54854A, or 54855A with Windows XP: 54855-83510 (Windows and scope software is preinstalled).
The following is a list of all memory devices capable of storing user configurations or data for all 548xx-series Infiniium scopes:
- 8 - 512+ MB system RAM (depends on model and age) (volatile)
- 32 KB RAM with battery backup (stores configuration) (non-volatile)
- 2+ MB video RAM (volatile)
- IDE hard drive (contains user configurations, data, and backup of all volatile memory)
- Floppy disk drive
- CD-RW drive (5485xA and newer/future 5483x models only)
Enroll in myAgilent
A personalized view into the information most relevant to you.
Register Your Product
Register your products for service notifications, firmware update alerts, application notes and more…
Why Buy Agilent
See how the Agilent Advantage adds value to your purchase.
Learn about Keysight
Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group is becoming Keysight Technologies.