ADS 2008 Update 2 Software Patches/Hotfixes
Agilent EEsof EDA will from time to time release hotfixes to address specific issues in a release. These hotfixes must be installed on top of an existing installation of Advanced Design System (ADS) 2008 Update 2.
Please read the installation instructions supplied with the hotfix download to install the hotfix.
ADS 2008 Update 2 License Hotfix
If you have received new or renewal licenses that include any of the new ADS bundled licenses and/or elements, you will be instructed to download and install a licensing hot fix.
This hot fix is required to:
1. Enable your new licenses to work seamlessly with the ADS 2008 Update 2.
2. Address a timeout issue with Design Guides.
Note: An updated version of this licensing hot fix is available as of April 2009 to address the timeout issue with Design Guides. For customers that have already installed the initial version of the licensing hot fix prior to April 2009, please install the updated version.
For additional information, please visit: How do I use the new ADS Bundled Licenses and Elements?
3. The following downloads require ADS 2008 Update 2 version to be installed:
- Linux (.sh) (2.06 MB)
- Solaris SPARC (.sh) (2.42 MB)
- Windows XP (.exe) (12.3 MB)
- Windows Vista (.zip) (12.3 MB)
- Install Instructions (.txt) (7 K)
EMDS for ADS 2008 Update 2
This Add-on is provided to update Electromagnetic Design System (EMDS) in ADS 2008 Update 2.
This Add-on includes:
- Symmetry plane feature (X-directed and Y-directed symmetry specification which decreases memory and simulation time for symmetric structures).
- Important meshing updates with improved robustness, many solver defects addressed.
- Using new adaptive frequency sampling routine which has proven its merits in our Momentum product. This algorithm replaces the FFS algorithm used in EMDS.
- Support for more general 3D components: allows the use of more general 3D components in 3D EM simulations within the ADS layout flow. Two types of components are supported: 1.) A default library with a number of predefined parameterized components (e.g. solder balls) and 2.) User defined 3D components, which need to be defined with the EMPro product. The first release of EMPro is planned early December, with a demo version available by end of November.
For additional information, please visit: EMDS for ADS 2008 Update 2