IO Libraries support of IEEE 1394 CardBus/PCMCIA Cards
Last change of this page: February 1, 2005.
Windows 98 SE/Me/2000/XP have built-in support for IEEE 1394, enabling us to support several IEEE 1394 CardBus/PCMCIA Cards. To ensure functionality of these cards with Agilent IO software, we have tested specific IEEE 1394 CardBus/PCMCIA cards with recent releases of the E2094 Agilent IO Libraries.
NOTE: IEEE 1394 CardBus/PCMCIA cards are not supported on Windows 95 or NT 4.0.
IEEE 1394 CardBus/PCMCIA Cards with the TI 1394 chipset:
The following cards have been tested and are supported with the J.01.01 (or later) IO Libraries:
- SIIG 1394 FireWire, Model # NN-PCM012 (Note: This card is not compatible with HP OmniBook 4150A laptop computers. This card is compatible with HP OmniBook 4150B laptop computers).
- SIIG 1394 2 Port Cardbus, Model # NN2627, Part # NN-PC2012
- VST Technologies FireWire CardBus Card, Model # FWCBC (Note: VST Technologies has been acquired by SmartDisk Corp. This card is available from SmartDisk and several retailers; it is still labeled as a VST product).
- Evergreen Technologies fireLINE CardBus/PCMCIA Card, Model # 90-FLCB-AAO
We expect other TI-based chipset CardBus/PCMCIA Cards to work, but we cannot support them without official testing and qualification.
IEEE 1394 CardBus/PCMCIA Cards with the NEC 1394 chipset:
The following cards have been tested and are supported with the J.01.02 (or later) IO Libraries:
- OrangeMicro OrangeLink FireWire CardBus PC Card, Model # 70HTL00040
- RATOC Systems IEEE1394 CardBus PC Card, Model # CBFW1/CBFW1U
- Adaptec Fireconnect for Notebooks, Model # 2053200
Note that the NEC-based chipset currently has a smaller buffer size that will impact performance.
Other chipsets (e.g., Sony, VIA Technologies, Philips, Lucent) have not been tested and are not supported.
Enroll in myAgilent
A personalized view into the information most relevant to you.
Register Your Product
Register your products for service notifications, firmware update alerts, application notes and more…
Why Buy Agilent
See how the Agilent Advantage adds value to your purchase.
Learn about Keysight
Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group is becoming Keysight Technologies.