What has changed in IO Libraries Suite 16.1?
IO Libraries Revisions: Suite 16.1
Operating System Support
- Added support for Windows Server 2008 R2 (and SP1), Standard and Enterprise editions
- Added support for Windows 7 SP1
I/O Interface Support
- Added support for 64-bit VXI on Windows Vista, 7, and Server 2008 R2
- 82350A PCI GPIB card no longer supported (replacement options are by 82350B PCI/GPIB card or 82351A PCIe/GPIB card or 82357B USB/GPIB adaptor or E5810A LAN/GPIB Gateway)
I/O Library Changes
viMoveAsync, viReadAsync and viWrite Async are now truly asynchronous. In prior IO Libraries releases these functions were implemented synchronously.
viMemAlloc and viMemFree are now implemented on PXI0::MEMACC sessions. This makes user-mode DMA possible.
A new PXI VISA COM server implements all the interface properties and methods for IPxi, IRegister, IRegister64, and IVisaSession (except IRegister64::MoveOut16Ex and IRegister64::MoveOut32Ex).
- PXI-related and HiSLIP-related defects are fixed in the 16.1 release.
- Installer Changes: For Agilent IO Libraries Suite versions 16.0 and earlier, the associated programs Agilent LXI Mdns Responder and, for 64-bit installations, Agilent IO Libraries Suite 64-bit, appeared as separate programs in Windows Control Panel. This caused some confusion when repairing or removing programs. In Agilent IO Libraries Suite 16.1, these associated programs are no longer shown in Windows Control Panel. After installing version 16.1, only the single entry, Agilent IO Libraries Suite 16.1, appears in the program list under Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Features (Windows 7/Windows Vista).
- Various other defect fixes
Last Updated: 21April, 2011