Electrical and Electronics Engineering Resources
Electrical and Electronics is an exciting and dynamic field. Agilent helps to provide you the most complete solution for education and training purposes. For your convenience we have prepared a page dedicated for Electrical and Electronics topic.
Teaching Materials (For university lecturers or educators who need resources for use in classroom or lab)
i) General Electronics Classroom Solutions - Agilent offers complete curriculum-based solutions which come with a training kit and courseware to help educators and students in the respective classroom subjects.
- Analog Circuit Design Teaching Solution - This solution focuses on the areas of practical analog circuit analysis, design, and its applications. It is a great tool for students to understand analog circuit analysis, practical op-amp design and measurement instruments usage.
- Electronic Instrumentation and Measurement Teaching Solution - This courseware helps students understand an end-to-end measurement system, which includes various sensors, signal conditioning circuits, op-amp circuits, and digital I/Os.
- Analog Electronics Teaching Solution – The courseware offers the flexibility to configure your lab using conventional benchtop or PC-based modular instruments–the modular instruments save space and allow you to easily mix and match different instruments based on your lab requirement.
- Multipurpose Lab Solution – It is a cost-effective solution for learning and teaching basic electronics and instrumentation.
ii) Back 2 Basics – Engineering can be confusing at first but we've put up some materials which help you remember the fundamentals of the technology.
- Parametric Test Basics -This Webcast will cover the basics of parametric test. Although this Webcast is designed for users with no previous parametric test background, experienced users may also find the material a useful review.
- Logic Analysis Basics (4MB) - An overview of the Logic Analysis.
- Oscilloscope Fundamentals (2MB) - This slide provides an overview of oscilloscope fundamentals.
- Multimedia Basics – Quick fact sheet on measuring ACV, DCV, CURRENT and Resistance.
- LCR Impedance Measurements - This module will review impedance, component value definitions, and present typical measurement problems and their solutions.
- View more slides from the back to basics page.
iii) Posters and CDs – Click. Request. 2 simple steps to get it!
- Today’s Oscilloscope Poster - It provides information and education on how an oscilloscope should be configured in order to see signals clearly and quickly. Ideal for college electrical engineering labs!
- Know Your Basic Instrument Poster – This poster describes the fundamental test and measurement equipment found on every engineer’s lab, such a power supply, function/arbitrary waveform generator, digital multi-meter, oscilloscope and more.
iv) Downloadable Lab Experiments – Covering the topics in Semiconductors & Solid State, Control Systems & Robotics and Power Engineering. These have been submitted by leading engineering educators from around the world. View more free labs from the website.
v) Electrical and Electronics Equipment for Classroom Labs – Equipment needed for teaching Electrical and Electronics.
- 34405A Digital Multimeter - The 34405A comes with a broad range of measurement functions, including temperature and capacitance measurements. The SCPI language compatibility makes it easy to migrate from your existing test setup in teaching.
- 33210A Function / Arbitrary Waveform Generator - The Agilent 33210A 10 MHz Function Generator is our most affordable version. It offers uncompromising performance at a lower price for basic functions and waveforms.
- E3631A 80W Triple Output Power Supply - This reliable supply is designed for general purpose applications; and combines convenient benchtop capabilities with flexible system features in a compact, multi-output package.
- DSOX2002A Oscilloscope - Agilent’s InfiniiVision DSOX2002A, offers entry-level price points to fit your budget with superior performance and optional capabilities that are not available in any other oscilloscope in its class.
- USB Modular Products - Agilent´s compact USB modular products are a series of modules that are flexible to be used standalone or plugged into a compatible chassis to make synchronized measurements as a modular unit.
- Agilent VEE Software - Agilent VEE Pro 9.3 is an easy-to-use graphical language environment that provides a quick path to measurement and analysis. It allows seamless operation with hardware and software from Agilent and other manufacturers.
- Check out more Basic Electronics Equipment for classroom labs from Agilent.
Research Materials (For those who need resources and help to meet your research and development activities)
i) Recorded Webcasts - List of all of the recorded webcasts on Electrical and Electronics.
- Ubiquitous Test with LXI Instrumentation - Smart devices, smart phones and tablet PCs, and cloud capabilities will be brought up as topics, and their use and benefits for controlling and monitoring LXI instruments will be discussed.
- Innovations in EDA: High Performance Digital Pre-Distortion (DPD) for Wideband Systems – This webcast will explore a model-based design, validate, and test methodology for wideband digital pre-distortion systems, exploring the challenges associated with power amplification of 802.11ac and LTE-Advanced signals.
- Learn to Analyze, Validate and Debug High Speed DDR3 Memory - This Webcast will demonstrate techniques and solutions for performing turn-on, interoperability, validation and compliance testing of high data rate DDR3 memory based products.
- Today’s Power Supplies: Meeting Basic and Sophisticated Application Requirements - This webcast will cover basic power supply topologies and operation, and show how Agilent power supplies can create and measure multiple voltage and current outputs utilizing both basic and more sophisticated power supply capabilities.
- Setting Up IC-CAP WaferPro For On-Wafer Measurements - This presentation will cover a detailed demonstration of WaferPro (automated characterization software Module for IC-CAP)
- Get more recorded webcasts for your research.
ii) Electrical and Electronics Research – Compilations of published papers & articles from collaborations with university in the area of Electrical and Electronics. Check out the topic in Semiconductor Device Test & Characterization and also the Nanoscience research.
iii) Electrical and Electronics Equipment for Research Labs – Equipment needed for conducting research in Electrical and Electronics.
- B2901A Precision Source/Measure Unit - It is versatile to perform I/V (current vs. voltage) measurement easily with high accuracy. Integration of 4 quadrant source and measurement capabilities enables I/V measurement simply and easily without configuring multiple instruments.
- U2722A USB Modular Source Measure Unit - It can function as a standalone module. It can also be used as a modular device, allowing expansion and compact solution when used with the other modules in the USB Modular Instruments and DAQ family.
N6705B DC Power Analyzer - The N6705B offers flexible configuration to meet your power sourcing and analysis requirements. For even greater control and analysis functions, the DC Power Analyzer can be used with the 14585A Control and Analysis Software.