What is the interface cable or adapter required to control external GPIB equipment by using VBA macro function of the E4991A?
Depending on the Windows OS version and HDD volume label of the E4991A, the following GPIB cable or USB-GPIB converter is required to control external GPIB equipment by using the VBA macro function of the E4991A:
|Windows OS version||Windows 98||Windows 2000|
|HDD volume label||Not applicable||IG201 or before||IG202 or later|
cable or adapter
|10833A/B/C/D GPIB cable||
82357A USB-GPIB adapter
|82357B USB-GPIB adapter|
* Note: If the user does not have the 82357A, it is recommended to replace the HDD with the IG202 or later type compatible with the 82357B. For the replacement of the HDD, refer to Agilent service center. When the E4991U-007 Upgrade Kit is ordered to install the option E4991A-007 in the Windows 2000 version E4991A with the volume label IG201 or before, consult Agilent sales to get advice on the USB-GPIB adapter.
HDD volume label verification procedure:
(Windows 2000 version only)
- Press "System" key and click "Exit" to exit the measurement display of the E4991A, and go to Windows desktop. Use "e4991a" as password.
- Double-click "My computer". Then, you will see the object named "igxxx(C:)" (or "Igxxxx(C:)")
- The part "IGxxx" shows the volume label of the HDD.
Restore the E4991A to the normal measurement display mode after verifying the volume label of the HDD as follows:
- With the mouse, move the pointer to the bottom of LCD display to have “Start” button displayed. Click "Start" and then "Shut Down" to turn off the power of the E4991A.
- The power button (i.e. standby switch) on the E4991A front panel is still at ON position. So, press the button so that it is changed to OFF position.
- Then, re-press the button to turn on the E4991A. The E4991A will show measurement display as usual.