Multi-Standard Radio (MSR) Signal Generation and Analysis
Agilent is leading the way in addressing MSR test challenges with the industry’s first MSR measurement application (N9083A/W9083A) compliant with 3GPP Release 9. Ideal for base stations and base station component manufacturing, the MSR measurement application enables one-button, standards-based testing on X-Series signal analyzers per the RF requirements defined in the TR 37 series of the 3GPP Release 9 standard. MSR capability has also been added to LTE Signal Studio software (N7624B) for signal generation in component test.
MSR Measurement Application
Support for MSR carrier allocating algorithm with preset selection based on Test Configuration (TC) definitions in the TS37.141.
Support for band categories (BC) 1 and 2 along with the different transmitter test configurations:
- For BC 1, analyze any combination of W-CDMA/HSPA/HSPA+, and LTE-FDD
- For BC 2, analyze any combination of W-CDMA/HSPA/HSPA+, LTE-FDD, and GSM/EDGE/EDGE Evolution
Ability to perform the following transmitter tests as defined by Section 6 of 3GPP TS 37.141:
- Base station output power (channel power)
Transmitted signal quality ("Conformance EVM” in X-Series measurement application)
- EVM and frequency error plus more error metrics not tied to conformance test
- Automatic sequencing function to eliminate the need for wide analysis bandwidth option, reducing the overall manufacturing test equipment cost
- Transmitter spurious emissions
- Spectrum emission mask (SEM); with pass/fail limit per 3GPP standard
- Adjacent channel power (ACP)
Runs inside PXA, MXA, EXA, and CXA—optimize price and performance with identical operation.
The N9083A/W9083A MSR measurement application is currently available through Agilent’s Early Access Program. If you would like to preview this software, please contact your local Agilent sales representative.
MSR—Signal Studio Software
Capability added to LTE/LTE-Advanced FDD Signal Studio software to import waveforms from:
- N7600B Signal Studio for 3GPP W-CDMA
- N7602B Signal Studio for GSM / EDGE
- N7601B Signal Studio for cdma2000/1xEV-DO
Capability to add frequency offset of ±42.5 MHz and amplitude offset of up to -40 dB
Capability to add up to 16 carriers
Graphics view of each carrier or composite waveform such as spectrum, power, and CCDF
N7624B Signal Studio for 3GPP LTE FDD Downloads & Trials