Can the IO Libraries be installed as a silent install?
IO Libraries Revisions: Suite 16.2
The installer's web package needs to be unzipped before calling command line options on "setup.exe" shown below.
Basic Usage: setup.exe /z"[option];[option]..."
For silent installations use the /s option. For example:
setup.exe /s /z"typical"
Command Line Options
|typical||Installs manuals, samples, and Agilent VISA as primary unless the installer detects another vendor's VISA. If so, the installer installs Agilent VISA in a "side-by-side" mode. This is the recommended option.|
|manuals||Install manuals. - Useful for Maintenance Mode|
|no_manuals||Manuals not installed.|
|samples||Install samples. - Useful for Maintenance Mode|
|no_samples||Samples not installed.|
Install VISA as primary and rename other vendor's
VISA if present.
Install VISA in side-by-side mode only or
remove primary VISA if in Maintenance mode.
|no_reboot||System will not reboot even if needed. Caller must check system for reboot needed. Agilent Connection Expert will tell the user if a reboot is required.|
|remove||Uninstalls product. Ignored on first installation. Ignores all other options.|
|repair||Reinstalls product. Ignored on first installation. Ignores all other options.|
|help or ?||Displays this help dialog. Then aborts installation.|
Specify Installation Directories
The command line options for specifying custom directories are not valid on 64-bit versions of Windows. For 32-bit versions, the directory option for the program and its dependencies are shown below.
Agilent IO Libraries Suite Example:
- setup.exe /s /z"io_libs_dir'c:\Program Files\My Custom IO Libs Dir'"
VISA Shared Components Example:
- setup.exe /s /z"vxi_pnp_dir'c:\Program Files\My Custom VISA Dir'"
IVI Shared Components Example:
- setup.exe /s /z"ivi_dir'c:\Program Files\My Custom IVI Dir'"
Command Line 64-Bit Installation Repair
To repair the 64 bit installers you must run these commands from the
installer directory in the order shown:
- msiexec /f Agilent LXI Mdns Responder 64bit.msi /qn
- msiexec /f Agilent IO Libraries Suite 64-bit.msi /qn
- setup.exe /s /z"repair"
Command Line 32-Bit Installation Repair
To repair the 32 bit installers you must run these commands from the
- msiexec /f Agilent LXI Mdns Responder.msi /qn
- setup.exe /s /z"repair"
- The IO Libraries installer may need a reboot to complete the installation. A reboot will be needed if there is an Agilent PCI/GPIB card in the computer. You can specify no_reboot on the command line and reboot later, but when you run the Agilent Connection Expert it will prompt you to reboot.
- Previous versions of the command line installation had an option titled do_not_save_config. This option is no longer available. If you need to remove an old configuration prior to installing IO Libraries, simply uninstall the earlier version of IO Libraries.
Last Modified: 07May, 2012