E44xxB ESG Signal Generator Firmware B.03.40 Readme
PLEASE NOTE: Agilent recommends that you install the latest version of firmware for your instrument. Older firmware installed in a newly manufactured instrument may disable functionality of the instrument. The firmware files are provided for customers who require a re-installation into older instruments.
To Install This Firmware
- Download and install the PSG/ESG Upgrade Assistant onto your PC.
- Download and install firmware B.03.40 onto your PC.
- Run the PSG/ESG Upgrade Assistant and install firmware for your E44xxB ESG signal generator.
For further information, refer to the "PSG/ESG Firmware Upgrade Guide" found in "Documents & Downloads" below.
With the introduction of Option 201, Agilent is providing a significant edge in signal generation for customers developing products for the CDMA marketplace. The ESG/Option 201 can be used to provide fully coded, multi-channel stimulus signals supporting both the IS-95 and IS-2000 CDMA standards. These signals can be used to test receiver performance (bit error rates, frame error rates) and low level protocol handling for CDMA products. Features include:
- Real-time generation of both cdmaOne and cdma2000 signals to emulate a base station
- Fully coded IS-95 signal package including pilot, sync, paging, and traffic channels
- Fully coded IS-2000 signals including fundamental and supplemental channels at rates up to 307.2 kbps
- Full control of paging message stream (overhead and signaling messages)
- Supports both convolutional and turbo coding
- User data insertion via user files or external data
- Variable chip rates
- Fully configurable sync channel base station parameters
- Radio Configurations, RC1-RC2 with one box and RC1-RC5 with two boxes
- Combining multiple ESGs can expand number of channels. The user can utilize 2 ESGs to provide multi-channel capability at Spread Rate 1 and Radio Configuration 1-5
Improvements and Defects Fixed
- SCPI filter IS2000SR3DS query returned incorrect value, Option UND. (All CDMA formats)
- Sweep pre-calculation was intermittently incorrect. (List/Sweep)
- FP polarity keys are blanked with UN3/4, Option UND. (ARB 3GPP)
- Changed ARB 3GPP scramble code default to 0, Option UND
This code should be used in any box with the following hardware options:
- All standard ESG shipments (analog and digital with standard options)
- H97 WCDMA Special option
- H61 Triggers special and H60 IDEN special options
- H99 when it is shipped with UND, UN5 or H97 options
- Any ESG with option 300
This code revision should NOT be used with:
- H98 WCDMA special option
- H65 EDGE special option
- H03 Single Channel CDMA option