Genesys Licensing Options
Genesys RF and Microwave Design Software offers flexible licensing options that enable you to choose the capability you need for your design environment. Use the table below to determine the best option for your needs.
|Genesys Licensing Options|
- A Node-locked perpetual license is locked to a USB key or PC LAN physical address
- You own the license and this is the most cost-effective option for the long term
- The Node-locked perpetual license is the most popular option
- The Networked perpetual license enables convenient sharing by users across a network
- Costs about 30% more than Node-locked perpetual license
- Suitable for larger companies and requires network license server administration
|Subscription (Time-Based) License||
- The Node-locked time-based license is locked to a USB key or PC LAN physical address
- Usage expires after the 12-months time-based license period
- Costs about 1/3 of a perpetual license including support; suitable for projects with tight cash flows
- The Networked time-based license enables convenient sharing by users across a network
- Costs about 30% more than a Node-locked time-based license
- Suitable for larger companies who need to optimize cash flows
- Requires network license server administration
Securing Your Genesys License
Genesys licenses can be secured to your personal computer's (PC) local area network (LAN) physical address or a universal serial bus (USB) hardware key serial number.
- LAN Physical Address - When secured to your computer LAN physical address, the danger of losing the small USB hardware key is eliminated and your license enables you to start using Genesys just like any other software on your PC.
- USB Hardware Key - When secured to a USB hardware key, you have the convenience of license portability to run Genesys on different computers. However, you may risk losing the USB key which then prevents you from using Genesys. The part number for the USB Hardware Key is "E8900K" (configuration option 030).
Return to the Genesys Product Structure & Options Summary.
Enroll in myAgilent
A personalized view into the information most relevant to you.
Register Your Product
Register your products for service notifications, firmware update alerts, application notes and more…
Why Buy Agilent
See how the Agilent Advantage adds value to your purchase.
Learn about Keysight
Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group is becoming Keysight Technologies.