LTE RF Design and Measurement
Based on the book LTE and the Evolution to 4G Wireless – Design and Measurement Challenges
This two-day class provides a strong test foundation for RF engineers engaged in 3GPP Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology and is based on the groundbreaking new book LTE and the Evolution to 4G Wireless – Design and Measurement Challenge. Written by Agilent's measurement experts, the book provides technical and practical knowledge about the complex LTE technology for RF design engineers and their management. Conducted by these experts, the class focuses on handset and base station RF measurements and provides hands-on lab time with the latest LTE test solutions.
What you will learn
- Understanding of the key concepts of LTE and the emerging standards.
- How the UE and eNB Physical Layers are defined.
- Challenges of Receiver Design and Measurement.
- Challenges of Transmitter Design and Measurement.
- Specific Design and Measurement Challenges of Multiple Input and Multiple Output (MIMO) systems.
Detailed Course Agenda
|Introduction to LTE|
• Class overview and timeline
• What you can expect to learn
• LTE System Overview
• The Evolution from UMTS to LTE
• LTE/SAE Requirements and Timeline
• Finding 3GPP LTE/SAE Specification Documents
• Systematic Approach for Verifying LTE Transmitter Performance
• Spectrum Measurements
• Vector (Frequency and Time) Measurements
• Analysis of Signals After Digital Demodulation
|Air Interface Concepts|
• Radio Frequency Aspects
• Verifying the RF Receiver
• Verifying the Baseband Receiver
• Receiver Performance Under Impaired Conditions
• Closed Loop Receiver Design and Measurement Challenges
• Physical Channels and Modulation
• Multiplexing and Channel Coding
• Introduction to Physical Layer Signaling
|Design and Verification Challenges of MIMO|
• eNB Transmitter MIMO Challenges
• MIMO Receiver Design and Verification Challenges
• Receiver Performance Testing Using Static and Continuously Faded Channels
• Requirements for Phase Coherence
|Simulation and Early R&D Hardware Testing|
• Uplink and Downlink Simulation Examples
• Mixed-Signal Design Challenges
• Combining Simulation and HW to Test Mixed-Signal Hardware Coded BER Measurement Example
|Demonstration of LTE Communications Test Set|
|Testing RFICs with DigRF Interconnects|
• The Mobile Industry Processor Interface Alliance and DigRF
• Challenges in Building and Testing RFICs
• Addressing Cross-Domain Issues
|Wrap up with discussion on 4G: LTE –Advanced|
|Course type||Technology and Test training|
|Audience||Anyone wanting to gain an overall perspective of the LTE concepts and challenges especially RF Engineers working on early development of RF/Baseband components of LTE receivers and transmitters|
|Prerequisites||Basic Knowledge on Digital Modulation and associated RF Testing|
|Course length||Two days|
|Course format||Lecture with demos and student hands-on.|
To save you time and travel, many Agilent courses can be delivered at your site. Agilent can provide required equipment or you can save money by furnishing your own.
Contact us already today to receive further information! www.agilent.com/find/contactus
Enroll in myAgilent
A personalized view into the information most relevant to you.
Register Your Product
Register your products for service notifications, firmware update alerts, application notes and more…
Why Buy Agilent
See how the Agilent Advantage adds value to your purchase.
Learn about Keysight
Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group is becoming Keysight Technologies.