What has changed in IO Libraries Suite 14.2?
IO Libraries Revisions: Suite 14.2
Agilent IO Libraries Suite 14.2 includes defect fixes and makes the following two changes to improve the compatibility of Agilent 488 with recent releases of third-party software:
- The option to Enable Agilent GPIB cards for 488 programs is disabled by default if another vendor's NI-488.2-compatible library is also installed. This reduces the likelihood of error messages from the third-party software. (You can always enable this option and your 488 programs will work correctly, regardless of the presence of third-party software.)
- The default board number for Agilent GPIB interfaces is now zero, to conform to hardcoded board numbers in many NI-488.2 programs.
The following defects have been fixed in version 14.2:
- A communication failure message was sometimes displayed when a USBTMC device was connected, if both Agilent and National Instruments I/O software were installed.
- In some cases when both Agilent and National Instruments I/O software were installed, a call to viReadSTB on a USBTMC device could fail.
- In some cases when both Agilent and National Instruments I/O software were installed, USBTMC device communication was disrupted after a viReadSTB call on a USBTMC device.
- In some cases, an attempt to send a standard USB control request could cause a call to viUsbControlIn to fail.
- In some cases when both Agilent and National Instruments I/O software were installed, interrupts relating to USBTMC devices are not delivered. This could cause failure of various operations on USBTMC devices.
- In some cases when both Agilent and National Instruments I/O software were installed, a Device Clear operation on a USBTMC device could cause a device communication failure.
- In some cases, a Device Clear operation on a non-Agilent USBTMC device could time out, leaving the device in an unknown state.
- Connection Expert was unable to find certain non-Agilent GPIB instruments on the LAN. These instruments were therefore not displayed in Connection Expert's Search for Instruments on the LAN dialog box.
- Fatal exception errors were displayed by Agilent Interactive IO in some cases.
- The viFindRsrc function did not support specification of global attributes. That support has been added.
- Agilent VEE programs are unable to access Agilent GPIB cards that are assigned a logical unit of 14, 15, 17, or 18. Connection Expert has been modified so that it no longer assigns those logical unit values.
- All 14.1 patch 1 and 2 fixes are also included in 14.2, but not listed here.
Last Updated: 08June, 2006