What has changed in IO Libraries Suite 14.2?
IO Libraries Revisions: Suite 14.2
Agilent IO Libraries Suite 14.2 includes defect fixes and makes the following two changes to improve the compatibility of Agilent 488 with recent releases of third-party software:
- The option to Enable Agilent GPIB cards for 488 programs is disabled by default if another vendor's NI-488.2-compatible library is also installed. This reduces the likelihood of error messages from the third-party software. (You can always enable this option and your 488 programs will work correctly, regardless of the presence of third-party software.)
- The default board number for Agilent GPIB interfaces is now zero, to conform to hardcoded board numbers in many NI-488.2 programs.
The following defects have been fixed in version 14.2:
- A communication failure message was sometimes displayed when a USBTMC device was connected, if both Agilent and National Instruments I/O software were installed.
- In some cases when both Agilent and National Instruments I/O software were installed, a call to viReadSTB on a USBTMC device could fail.
- In some cases when both Agilent and National Instruments I/O software were installed, USBTMC device communication was disrupted after a viReadSTB call on a USBTMC device.
- In some cases, an attempt to send a standard USB control request could cause a call to viUsbControlIn to fail.
- In some cases when both Agilent and National Instruments I/O software were installed, interrupts relating to USBTMC devices are not delivered. This could cause failure of various operations on USBTMC devices.
- In some cases when both Agilent and National Instruments I/O software were installed, a Device Clear operation on a USBTMC device could cause a device communication failure.
- In some cases, a Device Clear operation on a non-Agilent USBTMC device could time out, leaving the device in an unknown state.
- Connection Expert was unable to find certain non-Agilent GPIB instruments on the LAN. These instruments were therefore not displayed in Connection Expert's Search for Instruments on the LAN dialog box.
- Fatal exception errors were displayed by Agilent Interactive IO in some cases.
- The viFindRsrc function did not support specification of global attributes. That support has been added.
- Agilent VEE programs are unable to access Agilent GPIB cards that are assigned a logical unit of 14, 15, 17, or 18. Connection Expert has been modified so that it no longer assigns those logical unit values.
- All 14.1 patch 1 and 2 fixes are also included in 14.2, but not listed here.
Last Updated: 08June, 2006
Enroll in myAgilent
A personalized view into the information most relevant to you.
Register Your Product
Register your products for service notifications, firmware update alerts, application notes and more…
Why Buy Agilent
See how the Agilent Advantage adds value to your purchase.
Learn about Keysight
Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group is becoming Keysight Technologies.