N3525A1 Advanced Design System 2012 - Day 1 - Course 1: Workspaces and Simulation Tools
Audience: Technical staff working in either the circuit or system level design environment and want a comprehensive overview of the Advanced Design System software for RF Board, MMIC, RFIC, and similar technologies.
Agilent Technologies offers this medium paced, 1-day training course using ADS 2012 for communication systems and circuit designs. Using a combination of instructor lectures and lab exercises, this course instructs designers on schematic capture, the proper application of a wide variety of simulators, the display of simulation results and much more.
What you will Learn:
- Overview of workspace/library/cells/technology
- Schematic capture – system and circuit components – sub-circuits
- Symbols and Dynamic Model Selection
- Basics of Sources, Terminations, and Variables
- Simulation basics: DC, S-Parameter, Transient, HB
- Plotting data for DC, S-Parameter, Transient, HB
- Using Examples and Design Guides
- Familiarity with basic RF and microwave concepts and PC experience
Workspaces and Simulation Tools
- Workspace and Library Structure in ADS
- Linear, Non-linear Simulation, and Tuning
- Display of Simulation Data