N3517A Understanding X-Parameters
Audience: Designers interested in understanding X-parameters* and their capabilities for non-linear system modeling and design.
Using Agilent EEsof EDA's Advanced Design System software, this three-day, hands-on course will present the fundamentals of X-parameters, their application for non-linear amplifiers and advantages over other behavioral modeling techniques.
* "X-parameters" is a registered trademark of Agilent Technologies. The X-parameter format and underlying equations are open and documented. For more information click here.
What you will Learn
- Definition of X-parameters
- Physical meaning of X-parameters
- Cross-frequency phase and phase-reference
- Measuring X-parameters in simulation and in hardware
- Using X-parameters in practical design applications
- Knowledgeable in ADS analog design environment and data-display post-processing
- Good understanding of time-domain and frequency-domain simulation
- Good understanding of relationships between time-domain and frequency-domain (spectral analysis and synthesis)
- Good understanding of design principle and measurement techniques for non-linear systems with emphasis on amplifier design
- Good understanding of S-parameters and their measurement
- Technology Review
- Fundamental Concepts in X-parameter Definition
- The X-parameter Behavioral Model and the PHD Model
- The Cross-Frequency Phase
- X-parameters versus Other Behavioral Models
- Cascading Non-Linear Amplifiers
- X-parameters and Modulated Signals
- X-parameter Model under Load Pull Conditions
- Re-Using Existing Sub-Systems in New Designs