N3517A Understanding X-Parameters
Audience: Designers interested in understanding X-parameters* and their capabilities for non-linear system modeling and design.
Using Agilent EEsof EDA's Advanced Design System software, this three-day, hands-on course will present the fundamentals of X-parameters, their application for non-linear amplifiers and advantages over other behavioral modeling techniques.
* "X-parameters" is a registered trademark of Agilent Technologies. The X-parameter format and underlying equations are open and documented. For more information click here.
What you will Learn
- Definition of X-parameters
- Physical meaning of X-parameters
- Cross-frequency phase and phase-reference
- Measuring X-parameters in simulation and in hardware
- Using X-parameters in practical design applications
- Knowledgeable in ADS analog design environment and data-display post-processing
- Good understanding of time-domain and frequency-domain simulation
- Good understanding of relationships between time-domain and frequency-domain (spectral analysis and synthesis)
- Good understanding of design principle and measurement techniques for non-linear systems with emphasis on amplifier design
- Good understanding of S-parameters and their measurement
- Technology Review
- Fundamental Concepts in X-parameter Definition
- The X-parameter Behavioral Model and the PHD Model
- The Cross-Frequency Phase
- X-parameters versus Other Behavioral Models
- Cascading Non-Linear Amplifiers
- X-parameters and Modulated Signals
- X-parameter Model under Load Pull Conditions
- Re-Using Existing Sub-Systems in New Designs
Enroll in myAgilent
A personalized view into the information most relevant to you.
Register Your Product
Register your products for service notifications, firmware update alerts, application notes and more…
Why Buy Agilent
See how the Agilent Advantage adds value to your purchase.
Learn about Keysight
Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group is becoming Keysight Technologies.