H7230A #200 i3070 Family Advanced Digital Training
4.5 Days | Classroom Training | Where & When
Audience: Engineers and technicians responsible for developing advanced digital programs on the Agilent 3070 board test system.
What you will Learn
- Implement combinational testing on the Agilent 3070
- Simplify complex timing diagrams into easily understood and managed events.
- Write and debug custom test units
- Write and debug custom subroutines
- Use the Pattern Capture Format (PCF) programming language
- Write and debug digital cluster tests (several devices in one test)
- Write timing sets to replace VCL subroutines
- Program FlashRAM on the 3070
- Program Programmable Logic Devices on the 3070
- Must have an Agilent or Medalist 3070 or i5000 system with Combinational test licensed (either i5000 Muxed or Unmuxed systems).
- Completion of the Agilent 3070 Family User Fundamentals Training (H7230A #100) or i5000 Basic User Classes I & II (H7230A #500 & 555)
- Digital debug experience and / or experience developing custom digital tests
- Introduction & Preview
- Review of digital test basics: Vector Control Language (VCL), assignment section, test vectors, test units, test subroutines, the initialize to statement, homingloops, repeat loops, compress / end compress, Cyclic Redundancy Counter (CRC), Pattern Capture · Format (PCF), etc.
Write Digital Tests
· Defining a test strategy
· Setup-Only libraries
· Digital Setup Editor
· Write a test of a Reset Function
· Convert a data sheet’s complex timing diagram into pseudo-test code, linear test code, test units and subroutines.
· Turn-on and debug the tests written
· Experiment with PushButton Debug’s advanced digital test tools
· Learn to use timing sets
· Convert a VCL subroutine into a timing set
· Turn-on and debug, experiment with PushButton Debug
Program and Test Non-Volatile memory devices – Flash RAM
· Overview of how a Flash RAM is programmed on the 3070
· Develop a test to program and verify the Flash device
· Discuss the Sequential and Flash programming test techniques
· Discuss and implement the Flash ISP test techniques
· Experiment with PushButton Debug using the Flash IPS test.
· Turn-on, program and debug a FlashRAM test
Program and Test Programmable Logic Device with ISP tools
· Overview of PLD programming on the 3070
· Discuss the process of generating the required test format (SVF, STAPL, JBC, JTAG, etc.)
· Discuss the programming of multiple PLDs in a chain
· Develop, turn-on and debug a PLD ISP test
Optional Module: Testing Analog Devices with Digital test tools
· Use digital tests to test analog devices (e.g.: Op Amps) to improve throughput
Where & When
|call for price||Call to Schedule||+1 800 829-4444|
Prices shown are list prices and are subject to change without notice.