W1916EP 3G Baseband Verification Library
The W1916EP 3G Baseband Verification Library is an optional new Layer 1 simulation reference library for Agilent SystemVue. The blockset, reference designs, and testbenches in the W1916 assist the design and verification of multi-format radios, by providing configurable physical layer waveforms for a variety of existing commercial wireless standards.
- Full transmit and receive reference designs and blocksets for 2G/3G wireless standards, including GSM, EDGE, CDMA, CDMA2000, WCDMA, HSDPA, HSUPA, and Dual-Carrier HSPA+
- Includes over 400 simulation blocks and 80 pre-built workspaces with physical layer tests
- Also includes new testbenches for “Multi-Standard Radio” (MSR), as described in 3GPP Rel. 9 TS 37.141 and TS 37.104. (Note: W1916 does not provide the LTE signals for MSR tests. The W1910 or W1918 libraries are also recommended for MSR-compliance validation)
Why should I buy the W1916 reference verification library?
- Design Productivity: Provides simulation blocksets and pre-built testbenches for 2G/3G algorithm and hardware verification, saving system engineering time
- Verify 4G Compatibility: Explore PHY interoperability and interference of older 2G/3G standards with 4G, including MSR validation and interband carrier aggregations. These are of current interest for Digital PreDistortion (DPD), basestations, femtocells, and handset PAs.
- Versatile H/W Test: Interacts directly with wide variety of Agilent wideband arbitrary waveform generators, RF signal generators, and RF signal analyzer families. Also supported by 89600 VSA “multi-measurement” feature. Scriptable for parameterized wideband interference studies.
- Custom applications: Useful for designing proprietary adaptations of commercial chipsets for military, software-defined radio (SDR), satcomm, backhaul, medical, automotive, and research applications.
Figure 1. Dual-Carrier HSPA+ throughput simulation in the presence of an in-band OCNS blocking signal.
Figure 2. 3GPP WCDMA bit-error rate waterfall curves for 1/2-rate and 1/3-rate convolutional coding.
Figure 3. The W1916 3G library was used to create WCDMA, GSM, and EDGE waveforms in this 8-signal “multi-standard radio” (MSR) simulation, used to investigate LTE compatibility with legacy 2G/3G radio formats.
- Watch a video demonstration of SystemVue for “Multi-Standard Radio ” (MSR) applications
Figure 4. The W1916 3G and W1910 LTE libraries enable multi-band interference and MSR performance studies, and are also used with the W1716 DPD module for linearization of 4G power amplifiers.
The W1916 3G Baseband Verification Library can be added as an option to any SystemVue environment or bundle. It can also be combined with the W1910 LTE and W1918 LTE-Advanced libraries to provide more extensive coverage of the 3GPP communications standards. It is often used with the W1716 DPD module for 4G infrastructure design.
- W1461 SystemVue Comms Architect
- W1462 SystemVue FPGA Architect
- W1464 SystemVue RF Architect
- W1465 SystemVue System Architect
Follow the link below to view all SystemVue configurations: