8164B Lightwave Measurement System Firmware
This software does not update module firmware
Before downloading, view the module readme files to see revision information.
You may need to upgrade firmware because:
1. You may need to use new modules that cannot work without the newest firmware. Your instrument will generate an error message if you try to insert a module that is not supported by your instrument's current firmware.
2. New revisions of the 816x VXIplug&play Instrument Driver require the newest firmware revision. The 816x VXIplug&play Instrument Driver is supplied on the same Support Disk as firmware upgrades.
3. To enhance the usability and functionality of your instrument. New features may be available with new firmware revisions.
Agilent 8164B Firmware Upgrade Procedure:
NOTE: The upgrade process with floppy disks used for the 8164A is not supported for 8164B instruments.
You require a PC, running MS Windows 95, NT 4.0, or higher, and a null-modem serial cable, such as is supplied with your 8164B mainframe.
To upgrade the 8164B firmware:
1) Copy the Firmware8164B folder from the Support CD-ROM to a folder on your PC. This folder contains the update tool ATTools_vX_XX.exe and a firmware image file named 64B_Vxxx.Z. "xxx" and "X_XX" refers to the most recent version numbers. For example: 64B_V303.Z is firmware version 3.03 for the 8164B instrument.
2) Connect your instrument to your PC with the serial cable.
a) Turn on the 8164B and wait until the Agilent screen appears.
- Press, but do not hold the Aux hardkey
- Press the Appl hardkey.
- If you were successful, the instrument displays: "Instrument Maintenance Mode".
- Otherwise, turn off the power and try again.
a) At your PC, click on ATTools_vX_XX.exe to start the update tool.
b) Click OK to confirm that you have completed steps 1 to 3.
c) When the serial connection has been established, which may be after a pause of around 30 seconds, the ATTools user interface is displayed.
a) Select the firmware image ( file type .Z ) in the file selection box, then click the Update Firmware button.
b) Click OK to confirm your choice of firmware upgrade.
a) The firmware upgrade is tracked by a progress bar in the the ATTools user interface.
b) When the update is complete, a confirmation message is displayed.
c) Click OK
7) Click Exit to terminate ATTools.
Your 8164B reboots automatically.
|Date de mise en circulation||Version||Description de la version|
|2010-11-22||5.25||8164B Lightwave Multimeter firmware|
- See Above
- See Above
- Ne requiert aucune licence
PC / Instrument
- Windows NT
- Windows 95/98
- See Above
Enroll in myAgilent
A personalized view into the information most relevant to you.
Register Your Product
Register your products for service notifications, firmware update alerts, application notes and more…
Why Buy Agilent
See how the Agilent Advantage adds value to your purchase.
Learn about Keysight
Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group is becoming Keysight Technologies.