Firmware updates to the 53200A series counters occur through a LAN interface connection to the instrument using an update utility. Available with 53200A firmware revision 1.08 (and greater) is the ability to update the firmware from a USB drive connected to USB host port on the counter front panel. This feature allows updates without requiring LAN access or use of the utility.
|Release Date||Version||Version Description|
|2013-06-01||1.12||53210A firmware release 1.12. See the release notes if updating from revision 1.05 to 1.12.|
How to Download
- The firmware updates (for LAN and USB paths) are located under the "Download" button. When prompted, save the file (LAN or USB version) to your computer and note the directory where the file is saved.
How to Install
- Update files used with the LAN utility have the extension .upd. Unzip the file to access the .upd file.
- In order for the update utility to successfully install the update, it may be necessary to temporarily change the Windows Control Panel ‘Regional and Language Options’ settings to ‘English (United States)’ for the installation to complete without error. Once successfully installed, Regional Options can be returned to its original setting.
- From the utility installation directory or 'Start' menu, start the utility (FirmwareUpdateUtilityType2.exe). The utility will prompt you for the location of the .upd file. Follow the additional prompts to complete the installation.
- The update may take several seconds to complete and will reboot the instrument. After the update is complete, exit the utility.
- It is not necessary to re-calibrate the instrument following a firmware-update; however, the instrument may need to be re-secured if it was unsecured to perform the update.
- Does Not Require a License
Add-On Software / Utilities
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
Calibration Security must be disabled. Press Utility - Cal/AutoCal. "Calibration UNLOCKED" must be displayed for the update to occur. If calibration is "LOCKED" enter the security code using the knob and arrow keys and press Unlock Cal. Calibration security can also be disabled using the command:
CALibration:SECurity:STATe OFF, security_code
The factory-set security code is 'AT532x0A' where 'x' is 1, 2, or 3 depending on the instrument model. For additional security this code may have been changed from its factory setting.
- The counter must not be in 531xxA (SCPI) emulation mode. Pressing any front panel key will indicate if this mode is set. Cycle power to return the counter to its main (53200A) mode.
- If updating from the LAN interface the instrument's IP address is required. With the counter connected to the LAN, turn on the instrument and press Help - About. The LAN IP address is displayed in the upper-right corner.