Using Agilent’s U2700A Series USB Modular Scopes with MATLAB
MATLAB is a well known and respected data analysis software environment and programming language used by over 1,000,000 engineers today. MATLAB software can be used to make measurements, analyze and visualize data, generate arbitrary waveforms, control instruments, and build test systems. It provides interactive tools and command-line functions for data analysis tasks such as signal processing and digital filtering. MATLAB is used in diverse industries and disciplines, and it is a standard at more than 3,500 colleges and universities worldwide. MATLAB extends the functionality of Agilent’s U2701A and U2702A USB Scopes by providing tools to analyze data, filter signals, and automate measurements from signals acquired from these instruments.
Using MATLAB with Agilent oscilloscopes
MATLAB extends the functionality of Agilent oscilloscopes by enabling users to complete the following tasks:
• Design custom digital filters in MATLAB and apply them to signals acquired from an Agilent oscilloscope.
• Graphically visualize results in 2-D and 3-D plots to gain insight into your designs.
• Develop GUI-based applications to enable oscilloscope users that are not familiar with MATLAB to execute tests.
• Automate measurements that are difficult to acquire manually or need to be acquired multiple times.
• Build test systems consisting of Agilent oscilloscopes and other instruments.
• Automatically generate reports of your oscilloscope data to share results with colleagues, managers, suppliers, and customers.
Useful MATLAB Resources:
2. Overview of MATLAB: http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab/
3. MATLAB Instrument Toolbox: http://www.mathworks.com/products/instrument/
4. Overview of using MATLAB with Agilent Instruments: http://www.mathworks.com/products/instrument/supportedio13760.html
5. For more MATLAB program examples and information:http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/
For More Information:
1. Receive a trial of MATLAB and MATLAB’s Instrument Control Toolbox: http://www.mathworks.com/products/connections/trials/testmeasure_partner.html
2. Learn more about using MATLAB software with Agilent devices: http://www.mathworks.com/products/instrument/supportedio13760.html
3. Learn how to use Instrument Control Toolbox to create MATLAB scripts by reading the user documentation for Instrument Control Toolbox:http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/instrument/index.html
4. Learn how to use MATLAB software with other Agilent hardware: http://www.mathworks.com/products/instrument/supportedio13760.html
MATLAB is a registered trademark of The MathWorks, Inc.
|Release Date||Version||Version Description|
|2010-09-10||n/a||Adaptor(wrapper file) required for USB Scopes to work in MATLAB.|
How to Download
- Click the download button, select the file and save.
How to Install
- After installing the U2701/02A IVI driver and MATLAB Instrument Control Toolbox, place the adaptor/wrapper file in the MATLAB install directory.
- Manual Setup of the U2700A Series USB Scope in MATLAB
- Auto Setup the U2700A Series USB Scope in MATLAB
- Does Not Require a License
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP SP3
- Install the U2701/02A IVI driver and MATLAB Instrument Control Toolbox
- U2701A and U2702A USB Modular Scope
Enroll in myAgilent
A personalized view into the information most relevant to you.
Register Your Product
Register your products for service notifications, firmware update alerts, application notes and more…
Why Buy Agilent
See how the Agilent Advantage adds value to your purchase.
Learn about Keysight
Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group is becoming Keysight Technologies.