ESA-E Option 228 Bluetooth® Meaurement Personality, Fixed Perpetual License
Key Features & Specifications
- Output power: Measures average power across a burst and peak power in a burst
- Initial Carrier Frequency Tolerance (ICFT): Uses first four bits of burst, as called out by Bluetooth® specification, to measure carrier behavior at burst turn-on
- Carrier frequency drift: Measures carrier drift and drift rate in the payload field to determine carrier stability during burst
- Modulation characteristics: Measures and compares the frequency deviation of two Bluetooth data patterns
- Output spectrum -20 dB bandwidth: Determines the -20 dB bandwidth of the Bluetooth transmitter
- Adjacent Channel Power (ACP): Measures channel emission power across the entire Bluetooth operating band (2402 MHz to 2480 MHz) except for the main transmit channel and its immediately adjacent channel
- Monitor band/channel: Sets wideband frequency sweep to show if hopping signal uses the entire band (band mode). Displays the channel using optimum analyzer settings (channel mode)
- Modulation overview: Quick measurement of ICFT and modulation metrics at a lower sampling rate
The Agilent ESA-E series spectrum analyzers provide flexible general-purpose spectrum analysis and one-button standard compliant Bluetooth transmitter measurement capability. Testing to the Bluetooth specification can be complex. In several cases, the burst signal must be captured and demodulated, the data packet must be parsed to locate the symbols to measure, the measurement must be made and the raw data processed to get the final result. Doing all of this manually takes time to set-up the measurement and understand the specification.
The ESA-E series Bluetooth measurement personality saves time and complexity by automating the test from signal capture to results display. All that needs to be done is selection of the transmitter test from the Bluetooth measurement menu and pressing a single button for measurement results.
Check your Bluetooth design with confidence. This tool performs Bluetooth transmitter tests as defined by the Bluetooth standard. Each measurement conforms to the Bluetooth SIG documentation. You can even use this tool to pre-check your design for compliance before you submit it for formal conformance testing.
This option can be added as a product upgrade.
Bluetooth and the Bluetooth logo are trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., U.S.A. and licensed to Agilent Technologies, Inc.