N9069A Noise Figure Measurement Application
Key Features & Specifications
- One-button noise figure and gain measurements from 10 MHz to 50 GHz
- Supports Agilent SNS Series noise sources and 346 Series noise sources
- Combine with U7227x Series USB preamps for reduced noise figure measurement uncertainty
- Runs inside the X-Series signal analyzers and MXE EMI receiver
- Measurements include noise figure, gain, Y-factor, effective temperature, and hot/cold power density
- Estimate the overall noise figure using the measurement uncertainty calculator
- To help optimize your measurements and minimize uncertainties, refer to the 10 Hints for Making Successful Noise Figure Measurements application note
- Support for multi-stage converters, external LO control and manual mode
Performance (hardware dependent)
- Instrument noise figure: 17.25 dB at 1 GHz, 6.00 dB at 1 GHz with U7227A USB preamp
- Instrument match: 1.52 at 1 GHz, 1.54 with U7227A USB preamp
- License key upgradeable
- Fixed and transportable license available
- Programmable via USB, LAN or GPIB, code compatible with ESA, PSA and NFA
The N9069A noise figure measurement application is one in a common library of more than 25 measurement applications in the Agilent X-Series, an evolutionary approach to signal analysis that spans instrumentation, measurements and software. Transforming the X-Series signal analyzers into noise figure measurements, the application provides one-button noise figure and gain measurements to help you design, evaluate, and manufacture your devices or receiving systems.
Noise figure measurements
- Characterize noise figure and gain of receivers and their lower-level components, in three data views: graphic, meter and table
- Achieve great testing flexibility with user-definable sweep time and noise source settling time settings
- Achieve fully-specified measurements with an optional internal preamplifier up to 50 GHz on the PXA signal analyzer, 26.5 GHz on the MXA signal analyzer, and up to 44 GHz on the EXA signal analyzer
- Achieve better noise figure measurements up to 110 GHz on PXA or MXA with Agilent K-series block down converters (N8975AZ)
Related Industries & Technologies
Training & Events
Enroll in myAgilent
A personalized view into the information most relevant to you.
Register Your Product
Register your products for service notifications, firmware update alerts, application notes and more…
Why Buy Agilent
See how the Agilent Advantage adds value to your purchase.
Learn about Keysight
Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group is becoming Keysight Technologies.