Key Features & Specifications
The Harmonic Balance (HB) simulator in Advanced Design System (ADS) is the most powerful implementation of the harmonic balance algorithm for nonlinear circuit and system simulation on the market. Capabilities include:
- Unlimited multi-tone frequency-domain nonlinear simulation and optimization
- Phase noise analysis
- Load and source pull analysis
- X-parameter* nonlinear model simulation under steady state excitation
- Power amplifier design guide to synthesize, design and simulate popular amplifier topologies
- Mixer design guide to synthesize, design and simulate popular mixer topologies
- Oscillator design guide to synthesize, design and simulate popular oscillator topologies
- Analog model development kit to develop customized nonlinear behavioral models
The Harmonic Balance (HB) Element provides steady-state nonlinear simulation and optimization capabilities to the ADS, the flagship product from Agilent EEsof EDA, the technology and innovation leader in high-frequency mixed-signal electronic design automation (EDA). ADS is the only design simulation platform that enables the co-design of IC, package and board in high-frequency and hi-speed applications. It seamlessly integrates system, circuit, full 3D electromagnetic simulation with Agilent’s test instrumentation for you to do single pass successful electronic designs repeatedly.
Not all HB simulators are created equal to deliver the combination of convergence, speed, accuracy and capacity. The ADS harmonic balance element incorporates ingenious automated strategies and algorithms to achieve convergence under the most difficult nonlinear conditions that would have defeated all other competing HB simulators.
Unlike all other HB, it simulates X-parameter models, the latest Agilent Technologies’ invention that captures full nonlinear characteristics from a nonlinear vector network analyzer (NVNA) measurement. It enables you to do accurate nonlinear designs with measured X-parameters of off-the-shelf components. You can’t do this with any other HB simulators!
Speed and capacity come from the powerful alliance of advanced matrix algorithms and parallel computations on multi-core computers. This enables you to interactively tune and optimize even the largest nonlinear design quickly.
Functionality Included in this Element
- Harmonic Balance Simulator - Provides fast frequency-domain, steady-state, large signal analysis of nonlinear circuits excited with multi-tone sources.
- Amplifier DesignGuide - Extensive set of preconfigured simulation setups that are useful in efficient power amplifier and small-signal amplifier design.
- Mixer DesignGuide - Helps streamline the design processes of mixers used in RF and microwave circuit designs.
- Oscillator DesignGuide - Works as a smart library and interactive handbook for the creation of useful designs.
- Analog Model Development Kit - Enables creation of custom circuit and system ANSI C-code element models, which are compiled and linked to Advanced Design System.
* "X-parameters" is a trademark of Agilent Technologies, Inc. The X-parameter format and underlying equations are open and documented. For more information click here.
Training & Events
Enroll in myAgilent
A personalized view into the information most relevant to you.
Register Your Product
Register your products for service notifications, firmware update alerts, application notes and more…
Why Buy Agilent
See how the Agilent Advantage adds value to your purchase.
Learn about Keysight
Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group is becoming Keysight Technologies.