PNA-X Arbitrary load impedance X-parameters (Option 520)
Industry-first: Capture the complete nonlinear component behavior at all loads with X-parameters*.
This option enables you to:
- Reduce design cycles by 50% using real nonlinear data
- Measure magnitude and phase data as nonlinear functions of power, bias, and load at each harmonic
- Extend X-parameter cascadability to arbitrarily large load mismatch
- Model devices and design multi-stage, Doherty, or other complex amplifier circuits with the drag and drop simplicity of Agilent´s Advanced Design System (ADS)
- Measure and predict dynamic load-lines at input and output ports under arbitrary loading conditions, even under very large compression
X-Parameters provide a powerful, yet simple and automated process for capturing nonlinear component behavior over arbitrary complex impedances, input powers, input frequencies, DC biases, and more. By loading Maury load pull software on the NVNA and adding an external Maury tuner, the full complex Gamma dependence of the device under large-signal operating conditions can be captured. X-parameters fundamentally unify, for the first time, scattering parameters, scalar and vector load pull data, and device generated harmonics. Full load-dependence also enables immediate X-parameter applications to transistor characterization, modeling, and circuit design.
For information on Maury’s tuners and load pull software, go to maurymicrowave.com
* "X-parameters" is a registered trademark of Agilent Technologies. The X-parameter format and underlying equations are open and documented. For more information click here.