U1083A Acqiris 10 to 14-bit High-Speed VME/VXS Modules
Key Features & Specifications
U1083A Acqiris Dual-, Quad- and Eight-Channel, 125 MS/s to 2 GS/s High-Speed Modules
- Up to 3 GHz bandwidth ADC, 500 MHz bandwidth DAC on U1083A-003 version
- One Xilinx Virtex-5 SX50T FPGA with implemented Finite Impulse Response (FIR) filter on U1083A-005 version
- 2 Xilinx Virtex-4 FPGAs, SX55 and FX100 for real-time signal processing and data flow control
- Firmware Development Kit containing FPGA interface cores, software, and reference design
- Two on-board DDR2 SDRAM banks, 32 Mwords, each 64-bit wide (512 MB total)
- Auxiliary I/O mezzanine with multipurpose 12-bit 65 MS/s ADC, 12-bit 130 MS/s DAC, and 14 digital front-panel I/O ports
- Available in 10- to 14-bit digitizer, 14-bit generator or 10-bit ADC/14-bit DAC module
- VXS VITA 41.0 compliant
The Agilent U1083A family covers a range of high-speed data converter products that are built upon a common VME/VXS platform on which analog mezzanines are plugged to provide a variety of high-resolution digitizers and/or generators.
The base card provides high-performance, real-time data processing by means of two Xilinx Virtex- 4 FPGAs, one SX55 targeted at digital signal processing and one FX100 for data flow control. It also features two on-board DDR2 SDRAM banks, for a total of 512 MB memory, and an embedded FLASH memory allowing the platform to be easily reconfigured to perform user defined applications. The board is fully VME64x compliant and supports the 2eSST protocol, providing a substantial aggregate data bandwidth of more than 3.5 GB/s
A variety of analog data converter mezzanines combining ADC, DAC and signal conditioning components have been developed to build on top of the base card. Some of these even include a Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA featuring a data MUX and a Finite Impulse Response (FIR) filter for dynamic on-mezzanine signal correction. The resulting combinations of base card and analog mezzanines provide a range of 10- to 14-bit, high-speed data converters defined by the U1083A options.
An optional firmware development kit (FDK) is available to help development of application firmware on the SX55 and FX100 FPGAs of the base card. The FDK includes a set of firmware cores to easily interface to the underlying hardware, a base design for each configuration to provide very simple, ready-to-use designs, and a test-bench environment for design and simulation.
These products are ideal for wideband, high-speed, high-dynamic-range demanding applications such as electronic warfare (EW), Electronic Support (ES), Electronic Attack (EA) and Electronic Counter Measure (ECM), radar digital receiver/transmitter, telecommunications, and semiconductor testing applications, where high sample rate, high data-processing capabilities, and high throughput are mandatory.
To know more about Embedded Aerospace Defense Solutions, click here.
Need to find the digitizer solution that best suits your application? Request our application abstracts by clicking here.
Training & Events