Key Features & Specifications
- Use your scope to display JTAG (IEEE 1149.1) protocol decode. Acquire TMS, TDI, TDO and TCK signals on either scope channels or digital (MSO channels).
- Quickly describe each unique scan chain and import BSDL files for each device in the chain.
- View JTAG protocol including device names, OPCODES, and flagging of certain error conditions.
- Use time-correlated views to drill between protocol and physical layer views.
- Order N8817A for a user-installed license.
- Order Option 042 for a factory installed license with a new oscilloscope.
- Order N5435A Option 038 for a server-based license.
- Infiniium 9000A, 9000 H-, 90000, and 90000 X-Series.
While oscilloscopes have long been used to debug JTAG (IEEE 1149.1) signal integrity issues, Agilent’s Infiniium Series is the first oscilloscope family to support JTAG protocol decode. While the need to decode JTAG may be infrequent, the difficult process of manually decoding of JTAG TAP controller states, including instruction and data register values, is time consuming and error prone. The N8817A JTAG decode for Infiniium 9000A, 9000 H-, 90000, and 90000 X-Series oscilloscopes enables JTAG decode, from TMS, TDI, TDO, and TCK signals acquired on either scope or digital (MSO channels). This application imports device names and opcodes from industry standard BSDL files, displays JTAG protocol in real time, and flags certain types of error conditions.
The multi-tab protocol viewer includes search capabilities, and correlation between the waveforms and the selected packet, enabling you to quickly move between the physical and protocol layer information using the time-correlated tracking marker.
Additional information on the JTAG standard and its use in manufacturing test