Key Features & Specifications
- Expand bandwidth to 40 or 80 MHz of flexible digital modulation analysis by using Option 140 or 122 on PSA E4443A/45A/40A/46A/48A (6.5 GHz/13.2 GHz/26.5 GHz/44 GHz/50 GHz) and Preselector bypass (Option 123). (Operating with analysis bandwidth above 10 MHz requires Options 140 or 122 and 123).
- Perform flexible digital modulation analysis in millimeter-wave signal up to 50 GHz by adding Option 241 to the PSA E4448A.
- Analyze and visualize I/Q modulation with confidence and simplicity.
- Detect the most common errors with the help of intuitive measurement displays and symbol dot feature.
- Expedite troubleshooting and easily define errors with the various quantitative RMS and peak measures available in the comprehensive results table with statistic averaging and peak hold.
- Increase productivity and reduce user error with one-button measurements. Minimize training with easy-to-use display tools (eye, constellation, vector diagrams, error vector spectrum, and demodulated bits).
- Distinguish between linear and non-linear sources of error by using the built-in adaptive equalizer function with channel frequency response and impulse response traces.
The flexible digital modulation analysis measurement personality (option 241) integrates digital modulation analysis software into Agilent's PSA Series of high-performance analyzers. The flexible digital modulation analysis tool helps engineers design, troubleshoot and verify wired and wireless digital modulation formats from non-standard, non-cellular and next-generation communication systems to the most popular cellular communication formats such as W-CDMA and GSM. The powerful combination of a high performance spectrum analyzer and digital modulation analysis software enables you to quickly identify and quantify impairments of digitally modulated signals using one comprehensive measurement tool.
Modulation analysis offered with option 241 is applicable to most digital modulation formats and can be modified to accommodate changes in digital formats, filter types, symbol rate and measurement interval. Engineers can also measure EVM metrics, including I/Q (magnitude, phase, frequency, and offset), gain imbalance, quadrature skew and amplitude droop. Display options include I/Q eye diagrams, polar vector and constellation, magnitude error versus symbol, phase error versus symbol, and EVM versus symbol. Besides, new views for error vector spectrum and demodulated bit are added in the latest firmware PSA 8. Adaptive equalization filter helps designers to find and remove linear errors so that it contributes for easier error compensations and more than modifying hardware adjustments. Now channel frequency response and impulse response with EQ filter can be seen and captured in the traces to find what's being calculated.
Supported industry-standard formats include:IS-95(cdmaOne), cdma2000, W-CDMA, EDGE, GSM, Bluetooth®, NADC, PDC, PHS, TETRA, ZigBee, 2450 MHz, APCO25 phase 1, and VDL mode3.
Supported digital modulation formats include: MSK type 1, MSK type 2, EDGE, QPSK, 8PSK, BPSK, Pi/4 DQPSK, DQPSK, D8PSK, Offset QPSK, QAM (16, 32, 64, 128, and 256), DVBQAM (16, 32, 64, 128, 256) and FSK (2, 4, and 8).
If customized formats from existing cellular standards are developed, it's quite easy to configure the digital format, filter, symbol rate and measurement interval to meet your needs. You can also set up your own custom modulation formats and parameters to suit your application.
This option can be added as a product upgrade.
Bluetooth and the Bluetooth logos are trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., U.S.A. and licensed to Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Related Industries & Technologies
Training & Events
Enroll in myAgilent
A personalized view into the information most relevant to you.
Register Your Product
Register your products for service notifications, firmware update alerts, application notes and more…
Why Buy Agilent
See how the Agilent Advantage adds value to your purchase.
Learn about Keysight
Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group is becoming Keysight Technologies.