N5393C PCI EXPRESS® Electrical Performance Validation and Compliance Software
Key Features & Specifications
- Integrated receiver test calibration automation for N4903B JBERT Bit Error Ratio Tester available as an option.
- Test setup wizard guides you through test selection, configuration, connection, execution, and results reporting
- Measurement connection setups are displayed
- Oscilloscope setup is automatically configured for each test
- Test results report documents test configuration, measurements made, pass/fail status, margin analysis, and waveforms
- Switching solution for automated multilane testing
- PCI EXPRESS® 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 tests
- Wide-range of electrical tests are performed, significantly more than SigTest
- Consistent results with Sig Test for 1.0a, 1.1, and 2.0 analysis
- Supports de-embedding of test fixtures and cables with the optional N5465A InfiniiSim Waveform Transformation Toolset
- PCI-SIG® compliance test fixtures
- E2688A Serial Data Analysis
- N5465A InfiniiSim Waveform Transformation Toolset (optional)
- N2809A PrecisionProbe oscilloscope cable and probe correction (optional)
- Use the N5467A User Defined Application tool (www.agilent.com/find/uda) to:
- Create and fully integrate custom tests, configuration variables and connection instructions.
- Insert external application calls into the run sequence, such as MATLAB scripts or your device controller.
- Configure additional external instruments used in your test suite.
The Agilent Technologies N5393C PCI EXPRESS electrical performance validation and compliance software provides you with a fast and easy way to verify and debug your PCI EXPRESS designs. The PCI EXPRESS electrical test software allows you to automatically execute PCI EXPRESS electrical checklist tests, and it displays the results in a flexible report format. In addition to the measurement data, the report provides a margin analysis that shows how closely your device passed or failed each test.
The N5393C PCI Express electrical test software includes test for verifying that your transmitter is compliant with the PCI Express 3.0 BASE specification at 8GT/s and includes new uncorrelated jitter tests, it calculates de-emphasis and preshoot values for specified de-emphasis presets and updated reference clock tests.
The N5393C PCI EXPRESS electrical test software also utilizes the Q-domain + Dual Dirac method for jitter separation described in the PCI EXPRESS 2.0 Card Electromechanical specification. This ensures that your Gen2 measurements will have absolute consistency with measurements made using the PCI-SIG’s standalone Sigtest software. In addition, for Gen1 measurements, the N5393C optionally utilizes the clock recovery method used in the official PCI-SIG Signal Quality Test Methodology ("SigTest") application, ensuring that your test results are consistent with results from the SigTest application. For PCI Express 3.0 measurements, the N5393C incorporates new algorithms for calculating PCIe 3.0 specific parameters* including:
- TX Unit Interval
- Full Swing TX voltage with no TxEQ
- Minimum swing during EIEOS for full swing
- TX uncorrelated total jitter
- TX uncorrelated deterministic jitter
- TX uncorrelated pulse width jitter
- TX Deterministic DjDD uncorrelated pulse width jitter
- TX Pseudo package loss
- De-emphasis and Preshoot measurements for TXEQ presets
- TX DC common mode voltage
- TX AC common mode voltage – 4GHz, 300KHz to 500MHz
- TX absolute delta of DC common mode voltage
- TX absolute delta of DC common mode voltage during L0 and idle
In addition to supporting PCIe 3.0 measurements, the N5393C PCI EXPRESS electrical performance validation and compliance software performs a wide range of electrical tests as per the PCI EXPRESS 1.0a, 1.1*, and 2.0 electrical specifications for new silicon, add-in cards and motherboard systems as documented in section 4 of the base specification and section 4 of the card electromechanical specification. The N5393C also includes tests for PCI EXPRESS 2.0* to help provide you with the most accurate, automated test software for Gen2 PCI EXPRESS measurements. In addition to full swing (800 mV) testing, the N5393C also supports testing for low-power, half-swing devices (400 mV) as per the PCI EXPRESS Architecture Mobile Graphics Low-Power Addendum to the PCI EXPRESS Base Specification Revision 1.0.
The N5393C option 004 supports automated setup of the N4903B JBERT bit error ratio tester and 81150A Pulse Function Arbitrary Noise Generator for PCIe 3.0 BASE spec receive testing. The PCIe 3.0 specification requires the use of a receiver equalizer in a PCIe 3.0 compliant device. The N5393C option 004 along with your JBERT receive test equipment an accessories provides a fast, automated way to setup the jitter and noise cocktail used to create the stressed voltage and jitter test signals used in receiver stress testing. Using this automated tool can save you hours and hours of manual setup and helps to ensure test consistency over time.
The N5393C PCI EXPRESS electrical performance validation and compliance software requires the E2688A high-speed serial data analysis software, one of the PCI-SIG approved compliance test fixtures (CBB2 or CLB2), the 90000A or 90000-X Series Infiniium oscilloscopes, and at least two SMA/SMP cables or InfiniiMax active differential probes. Some of the measurements cannot be made with the PCI-SIG compliance test fixtures and may require you to build or acquire a custom test fixture.
The N5393C PCI EXPRESS electrical performance validation and compliance software is compatible with Agilent Infiniium 90000 Series oscilloscopes (6 GHz or higher) with operating software revision 3.01 or higher, and Infiniium 90000 X Series oscilloscopes.
*PCI Express 3.0 measurements for TX measured per section 4.3.3 of the PCI Express 3.0 Base Specification revision 1.0.
To learn more about Agilent’s automated switching solution, visit www.agilent.com/find/switching.
Enroll in myAgilent
A personalized view into the information most relevant to you.
Register Your Product
Register your products for service notifications, firmware update alerts, application notes and more…
Why Buy Agilent
See how the Agilent Advantage adds value to your purchase.
Learn about Keysight
Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group is becoming Keysight Technologies.