88000 HS-100 High Speed and Sensitivity Array Test System
Key Features & Specifications
- Fast full array test technology within allotted TACT
- High testing sensitivity and exact defect detection
- Provides the data needed for efficient process feedback and product cost reduction
- Adapts to new FPD technology, including AM-OLED, COG and SOG
- Test targets : TFT arrays of LTPS LCD, HTPS LCD, and AM-OLED panels
- Number of measurement pins : Up to 2,304 pins (2 test heads with multiplexer)
- Number of multiple test sites : Up to 16
Typical evaluation items
- Opens, Shorts, and Opens or Shorts between lines
- Cs and Charge in pixel
- Ion, Ioff, Vth, and OLED driver transistor
- Shift register carry-out in peripheral circuitry area
- Current measurement range: 20 uA, 2 uA, 200nA, 20 nA
- Current measurement resolution: 5 nA, 500 pA, 50 pA, 5 pA
- Charge measurement repeatability : σ = < 5 fC (equivalent to 1 fF) [supplemental characteristics]
Provides full thin film transistor (TFT) array testing of LTPS LCDs AM-OLEDs used in manufacturing FPDs. Proven solution for FPD manufacturers
On this page: Industry Challenges · Summary · Features and Benefits · Components · Key Specifications
Flat panel displays (FPD) are everywhere, from televisions to computer monitors, notebook PCs and cellular phones. Low-temperature-poly-silicon (LTPS) technology in particular is widely adopted and well suited for mobile applications such as cellular phones, personal multimedia players (PMP) and portable navigation devices (PND). With new consumer and commercial FPD applications emerging constantly, manufacturers are aggressively pursuing a marketplace that is growing rapidly, both in dollars and proliferation of new technologies. Meanwhile, four trends -- higher aperture ratios for brighter displays, Smaller pixels for higher resolution - VGA in cellular, reduced prices of end products and new technology adoption for higher value added panel, such as Active Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Display (AM-OLEDs), Chip-On-Glass (COG) or System-On-Glass (SOG) -- necessitate that testing quality increases while testing cost decreases.
Effective production process testing is essential because most failures occur during the Thin-Film-Transistor (TFT) array process, and dealing with overlooked failures post-process is prohibitively expensive. While FPD manufacturers understand array testing can help address these challenges, the total value of array test has not been fully realized. Feedback collected from manufacturers shows a general level of dissatisfaction with the testing sensitivity, speed and capability of currently available solutions.
- Test Sensitivity: Small LCDs have dropped to a per-unit price range of $10 to $30 while high quality panels are required for high-end mobile applications where individual inspection, let alone human inspection, is not cost justifiable. High-volume testing of TFT substrate must be done with high sensitivity (measuring absolute value of capacitance, voltage and current).
- Speed: The prohibitively long total average cycle time (TACT) of current testers makes sample testing the only cost effective option. However full testing is critical for obtaining the mass data needed for process feedback and sorting failed TFT arrays, especially in medium- or small- size panel production with more than one hundred panels on a single glass.
- Capability: Until now, no decisive testing solution existed for emerging technologies such as AM-OLED, COG and SOG.
High-speed and ultra-precise testing of current and new FPD technologies
The Agilent 88000 HS-100 Series (HS-101 and HS-100),together with the complete line of Agilent 88000 Series FPD Test Systems, provides FPD manufacturers with a high-quality, low-cost production test solution for all key technologies in the rapidly growing FPD market. The Agilent 88000 HS-100 Series leverages Agilent's knowledge and expertise in providing both ultra-precise measurement solutions for parametric testing and high-speed tester architectures for IC testing. Agilent Technologies has expanded its test coverage into FPD test by providing FPD manufactures with the Agilent 88000 HS-100 Series as a complement to our existing parametric test solutions.
For manufacturers of LTPS LCD and AM-OLED flat panel displays, the Agilent 88000 HS-100 Series provides both high sensitivity and short cycle time (TACT). Part of the HS-100 Series, the HS-101 is targeted especially for cost-effective COG LCD testing. The major difference between the HS-100 and HS-101 is a new external multiplexer capability available on the HS-101. Due to its broad application--fast go/no go testing for mass production, process management and a variety of other roles such as sorting, minute defect detection, reliability analysis and electrical test after LC filling/EL deposition in cell process--customers can expect to achieve post-process cost savings, expedited yield ramp-up, and stabilization of the production process.
Unlike current sample testing, the Agilent 88000 HS-100 Series offers complete product testing, which reduces manufacturing costs while improving yield. The full value of array testing is realized with the Agilent 88000 HS-100 Series. With more data for process feedback and an exact segregation of scrap parts, the Agilent 88000 HS-100 Series offers highly sensitive testing at lower cost.
The Agilent 88000 HS-100 Series -- a complete solution comprised of hardware, software and services -- is the first solution to fully realize array test value and, therefore, the most suitable and most effective solution available.
Fast full array test technology within allotted TACT
The Agilent 88000 HS-100 Series is the only array tester that offers a full, rather than sample, testing solution for FPD manufacturers. The TACT of current testers is prohibitively long, making full testing an inefficient and costly option for manufacturers. Testing can be accomplished quickly enough for even high-volume manufacturing of small inexpensive displays. Customers have reported measurement time (TACT seconds/glass) is three to 10 times faster than alternative solutions.
High testing sensitivity and exact defect detection
With complete testing you know what is working and what is not. When process problems are identified and corrected, production costs are ultimately lowered. With greater sensitivity than competitive solutions or the human eye, the Agilent 88000 HS-100 Series can detect more performance inconsistencies, or "mura," which helps to boost yields, to reduce scrap cost and to improve quality assurance.
Provides the data needed for efficient process feedback and product cost reduction
Mass and precise data collected provides efficient feedback for process enhancements and quicker recovery time. The Agilent 88000 HS-100's full array test improves product yield by eliminating defective parts from the process.
Adapts to new FPD technology, including AM-OLED and SOG
The Agilent 88000 HS-100 Series is the first solution to realize array test value and, therefore, the most suitable and most effective solution available for new FPD technologies, including various types of AM-OLEDs, COG and SOG, with test consulting and continuous enhancements.
Total test solution
Tight collaboration with solution partners, such as FPD prober and probe unit suppliers, provides a highly integrated test environment.
Features and Benifits
|Highly repeatable measurement of 'absolute value' of charge||Detect more performance inconsistencies to improve the process, boost yields, and reduce scrap|
|Short TACT is 3 to 10 times faster than today's tester||Testing can be accomplished quickly enough for even high-volume manufacturing of small inexpensive displays.|
|Highly integrated test environment with FPD prober and probe||Safe buy and easy-to-operate (total support with prober & probe unit suppliers from quotation to post support, total performance tune-up and easy operation in multi-product production)|
|Test optimization consulting||
Quick start up of efficient test-by-test consulting for current and new FPD technology
Customizable defect detection and fault analysis according to panel design and objective
- System cabinet
- Test head
- Pixel Measurement Card [PMC] (charge and current measurement, video signal setting)
- High Performance Channel Test Card [HPCTC]
- Device Power Supply to panel [DPS]
- Multiplexer Unit [MUX] - MUX on Testhead or External MUX
- System controller
- System software, abundant test and analysis libraries
|Primary target panel||LTPS base LCD or OLED, HTPS (High-temperature-poly-silicon) LCD|
|Typical evaluation item||
Pixel area: Open, Short, Ion, Ioff, Vth, OLED drive transistor
Peripheral circuitry area: Open or short between lines, Shift register carry out
|Current measurement range / resolution||Range: 20 uA, 2 uA, 200nA, 20 nA / Resolution: 5 nA, 500 pA, 50 pA, 5 pA|
|Charge measurement repeatability (Supplemental characteristics)||s = < 5 fC (equivalent to 1 fF) [supplemental characteristics]|
|Number of measurement pins||Up to 2304 pins (2 test heads with multiplexer)|
|Multi site test||Up to 16|