N4903A High-Performance Serial BERT with complete jitter tolerance testing
|Product Status:||Discontinued | Currently Supported|
A replacement for this product is available:
Key Features & Specifications
- 150 Mb/s to 7 Gb/s or to 12.5 Gb/s pattern generator and error detector
- >0.5 UI calibrated and integrated jitter injection.
- Excellent signal performance and sensitivity
- Built-in clock data recovery with tunable and compliant loop bandwidth
Available Configurations for N4903A
NEW - J-BERT N4903B High-performance Serial BERT
The last order date for the A-version of the J-BERT N4903A high-performance serial BERT will be April 30, 2010. The recommended replacement product is the J-BERT N4903B, which offers more jitter injection capabilities, half-rate clocking support, built-in CDR and cleaner output performance at a comparable price. N4903A software and hardware upgrade options can be ordered until April 30, 2011. Upgrades from the N4903A to the B version are possible by ordering N4903B-UAB. J-BERT N4903B.
J-BERT N4903B High-performance Serial BERT The only complete jitter tolerance test – now for next generation of forwarded and embedded clock designs such as QPI, HyperTransport, PCIe, DisplayPort, SATA, USB, FB-DIMM, Fibre Channel, 10GbE.
The Agilent J-BERT N4903A High-Performance Serial BERT provides the only complete jitter tolerance test solution for characterization of serial gigabit devices.
The J-BERT offers complete, integrated and calibrated jitter composition for stressed eye testing of receivers up to 12.5 Gb/s.
Automated and compliant jitter tolerance testing allows quick and accurate characterization for all popular serial bus standards, such as PCIeTM, SATA, FB-DIMM, Fibre Channel, CEI, Gigabit Ethernet and XFP/XFI.
The J-BERT matches to latest serial bus interfaces perfectly with its ability to analyze undeterministic traffic, generate complex pattern sequences, subrate clock outputs. Clockless and differential interfaces can be tested.
The J-BERT is an expandable, future-proof BERT platform where all options can be configured to the current test needs and upgraded later when those needs change.
It is the ideal choice for R&D and validation teams who characterize and stress chips and transceiver modules with serial I/O ports up to 12.5 Gb/s.
|Clean Eye||Eye Diagram/Contour/Mask|
|Stressed Eye||Automated Jitter Tolerance|
|Fastest Total Jitter||Jitter Composition|
Have a look at the Animated J-BERT Overview
- Operating range 150 Mb/s to 7 Gb/s or to 12.5 Gb/s provides enough margin for today’s and tomorrows serial interfaces
- >0.5 UI jitter injection. Calibrated and integrated jitter injection (opt. J10, J20). All in one box: PJ, SJ, RJ, BUJ, ISI and sinusoidal interference for stressed eye test of a receiver
- Cleanest eyes with transition times <20 ps and <9 ps pp jitter for accurate measurements
- Pattern generator options for 7Gb/s and 12.5Gb/s
- Best match for serial interfaces: Built-in CDR, differential I/Os
- Clock data recovery (CDR) operates at 1Gb/s to 12.5 Gb/s and tunable loop bandwidth (option CTR) for compliant measurements
- Subrate clocks with any ratio 1:n
- Bit recovery mode (opt. A01) to analyze undeterministic traffic
- Pattern sequencer and capture to simplify handling of complex data patterns
- External Delay Control Input for injection of any external jitter
- Automated jitter tolerance characterization and compliance tests
- SSC - Spread Spectrum Clocking (opt. J11)
- Jitter tolerance compliance (opt. J12) testing : PCIeTM, SATA, Fibre Channel, FB-DIMM, CEI, 10 GbE, XFP/XFI
- Fast Total Jitter measurement
- All options upgradeable
J-BERT awards: J-BERT's technology leadership has been honored by our customers and key technical publications with several product awards. Read more
PCIe is a trademark of the PCI-SIG
Enroll in myAgilent
A personalized view into the information most relevant to you.
Register Your Product
Register your products for service notifications, firmware update alerts, application notes and more…
Why Buy Agilent
See how the Agilent Advantage adds value to your purchase.
Learn about Keysight
Agilent’s Electronic Measurement Group is becoming Keysight Technologies.